Shipping a large vehicle requires different equipment than a standard size or small vehicle, so it is important to do proper research before selecting a company for this undertaking. You will want to find a company that not only specializes in large vehicle transport but also has a stellar record and adequate experience as well. Heed the following do’s and don’ts in order to select a reputable auto transport company for your large vehicle.
- DO take your time researching options. There are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of companies competing for your business, so it is important to thoroughly vet every option before making a decision.
- DON’T wait until the last minute to find someone. Shipping a large vehicle requires specialty knowledge from the driver and certain equipment for the carrier, so it may not be possible to book without adequate notice. Give yourself time to prepare and avoid the stress brought on by procrastination.
- DO be selective when selecting a company. The best price is not always the most reliable company, but conversely, the most expensive quote does not guarantee the best service either. Utilize websites like the Better Business Bureau and Yelp to help you get a better picture of the company’s reputation before agreeing to any transport deal.
- DON’T undervalue your large vehicle. Your transport company is required by law to carry a minimum level of insurance, but you will want to verify that it is enough to cover any damages that may occur during transport.
- DO hold true to your requirements. Is one company convincing you that you don’t need a closed container for transport when that’s exactly what you request? Cross them off the list. Just because it is less convenient for them doesn’t mean there aren’t a dozen other transport companies willing to jump through hoops for you and your large vehicle.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
You may be dismayed after you begin gathering quotes for the transport of your large vehicle simply because it is more than you expected to pay. However, the innumerable benefits definitely warrant the hefty price tag. The wear and tear on your large vehicle alone from driving long distances if often enough to make the transport desirable. The time saved that you can use to do more productive and lucrative things also adds to the value. Finally, some large vehicles are just not reliable enough, or even street-legal, to make any type of journey, especially long distance. Find a great auto shipping company and you can be on your way to the stress-free transport of your large vehicle in no time at all.
Related Information & FAQ.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory