What is the Large Vehicle Transport
Shipping a large vehicle requires different equipment than a standard size or small vehicle, so it is important to do proper research before selecting a company for this undertaking. You will want to find a company that not only specializes in large vehicle transport but also has a stellar record and adequate experience as well. Heed the following do’s and don’ts in order to select a reputable auto transport company for your large vehicle.
- DO take your time researching options. There are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of companies competing for your business, so it is important to thoroughly vet every option before making a decision.
- DON’T wait until the last minute to find someone. Shipping a large vehicle requires specialty knowledge from the driver and certain equipment for the carrier, so it may not be possible to book without adequate notice. Give yourself time to prepare and avoid the stress brought on by procrastination.
- DO be selective when selecting a company. The best price is not always the most reliable company, but conversely, the most expensive quote does not guarantee the best service either. Utilize websites like the Better Business Bureau and Yelp to help you get a better picture of the company's reputation before agreeing to any transport deal.
- DON’T undervalue your large vehicle. Your transport company is required by law to carry a minimum level of insurance, but you will want to verify that it is enough to cover any damages that may occur during transport.
- DO hold true to your requirements. Is one company convincing you that you don’t need a closed container for transport when that’s exactly what you request? Cross them off the list. Just because it is less convenient for them doesn't mean there aren’t a dozen other transport companies willing to jump through hoops for you and your large vehicle.
You may be dismayed after you begin gathering quotes for the transport of your large vehicle simply because it is more than you expected to pay. However, the innumerable benefits definitely warrant the hefty price tag. The wear and tear on your large vehicle alone from driving long distances if often enough to make the transport desirable. The time saved that you can use to do more productive and lucrative things also adds to the value. Finally, some large vehicles are just not reliable enough, or even street-legal, to make any type of journey, especially long distance. Find a great auto shipping company and you can be on your way to the stress-free transport of your large vehicle in no time at all.
Related Information & FAQ.
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org