Oversize & Large Vehicles | Shipping Quotes
Getting a shipping quote for a large vehicle is just like any other type of shipping quote. You simply call up companies you’re interested in, tell them the details of what you need shipped (and where) and they give you an estimate.
Large vehicles are challenge to move because they’re big. They take up more space on trailers, they’re harder to load, and more difficult to secure. To put it bluntly, you don’t want to deal with some jack-of-all-trades operation that doesn’t know what they’re doing when it comes to transporting large vehicles. Getting a quote is the first step in this process and here’s what you’ll need to know to get started.
The first thing you’ll need to prepare is the information necessary to get the cost estimate. This includes the type of vehicle (including make, model, & year), where it’s located, where it’s going, and what timeframe you need it shipped within. There may be a few other things you’ll have to answer in terms of options and choices, but those are typically pretty limited when it comes to shipping large and oversize vehicles.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Once you’ve gathered the necessary information, it’s time to find a couple companies that seem like they’re a good fit for you. The internet is a great place to start and if you’re reading this, you’re well on your way. When assessing the website for a shipper, make sure they have information not just on the basics of what they offer, but about the specific service you’re looking for. If their website doesn’t mention that they move large vehicles, you should move on!
Other places to consider when hiring a large vehicle shipping company are the phone book and recommendations from previous customers. Recommendations might be the best option, but be cautious about what you find online as many of these “recommendations” are nothing more than paid placements or paid advertising dressed up as consumer review sites (like Yelp!, for example).
- Timeframe – Remember that shipping a large vehicle takes more time. If you need two day shipping for a dump truck from New York to California, that’s probably not going to happen. Heavier cargo, whether it’s one vehicle or several, means additional transport time so keep that in mind when indicating your window for delivery.
- Storage – Since it’s not always easy to line up your own time with the delivery timeframe, most shippers will offer short-term storage options if needed. This way, if you need an additional day or two to retrieve the vehicle after its arrival, you can do so at a minimal additional cost that will be included in the transport fee. To best save on storage, mention that you’ll need (or might need) it upfront so that the company can make the necessary arrangements.
If you need a price quote for shipping a large vehicle call or email us today! We provide 100% FREE estimates for all types of vehicles, large or otherwise, and we ship to any location across the U.S., including Hawaii and Alaska!
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory