Without query, the most unsurpassed way to get a motorcycle delivered to its next location is to allow an expert to handle the job. There are many different shipping services who offer their expertise to anybody in need of a reliable shipping method. A lot of companies base their rates on the weight of the bike as well as distance but for others the weight of the bike does not matter.
Some companies even offer great deals on already low costs to customers that need multiple motorcycles relocated.
There are a few different shipping options to choose from but many people do not know which option will be best for them. For city-to-city delivery services, open air shipping is a perfectly reliable and safe way to get a bike to its destination. For the customer who must deliver the bike hundreds or thousands of miles from Keene, enclosed shipping services are best used to transport the bike.
Consider Enclosed Shipping if:
- The bike has to be shipped across a long distance or over the span of a few days.
- The motorcycle is valuable or requires extra layers of protection.
- The motorcycle will encounter poor weather and road conditions from one location to the next.
Other Popular Shipping Options.
- Door to Door Transport - This is where, the shipper meets the customer at a specific location and transports their bike from there.
- Terminal to Terminal Transport - This method of delivery is where the customer is required to deliver the bike to the terminal depot for transport and pick the bike up at the delivery terminal.
- Crate Transport - This is where the customer may be required to remove the handlebars and mirrors, drain the fluids and disconnect the battery. Not all shipping services require their customers to do this. Often times, the bike can be delivered ready to ride.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.