International Freight Forwarders
An international freight forwarder is a company that finds the right transporter for an individual looking to ship their goods to a foreign country. They will network with all of the most reliable and trustworthy transport companies and movers to ensure that your goods are safely transported to the new country whether by ground, ship, rail or air freight. Due to their focus on international transports, freight forwarders have familiarity and experience with the logistics of overseas shipping including compliance with foreign import laws and receiving approval for the import through Customs.
To find the best international freight forwarders nearest your home in the states, use your online resources. Find the right forwarder by looking for specific qualities such as BBB approval, the right licensing, and a positive reputation among past customers. It shouldn’t be too difficult to find the information you’re looking for as it should all be found on the companies’ websites. Once you have found a few promising freight forwarders with an overseas focus, contact them for quotes and more information before deciding whom you’d like to hire for the transport of your goods.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Ways to Cut the Costs of an International Transport
- Book your transport services with an international freight forwarder during off-season months. Many transporters and movers will reduce their prices during the slower months to maintain their profit margins. However, you should expect delays due to inclement weather.
- Don’t purchase optional services such as door to door delivery, storage solutions or full packing services.
- Pack your belongings on your own but use the right materials and label all boxes clearly. Start this process at least three weeks before the scheduled moving date. All packaging must meet the transporter’s and the country’s requirements.
- Make sure the movers offer insurance coverage at least the minimum as set by state law. If they offer more protection through insurance, the better off you are. This prevents you from having to spend more on further insurance coverage.
- Get rid of, donate or sell some of your possessions. Anything that you no longer have a use for should go before the day the transporter comes to retrieve your stuff for its delivery process. The less weight to move, the less you’ll have to pay for labor, transport and other such services.
- Avoid extra fees and charges by having all your stuff including the documentation requested by Customs, prepared within the stated timeframes.
State to State Moving Services
- Affordable Long Distance Moving Services
- Apartment Moves
- Cheapest Ways To Move Long Distance
- Commercial Moves
- Corporate Relocation
- Full Service Moves
- Furniture Moves
- Government Moving
- Local Moves
- Long Distance House Moving Companies
- Long Distance Moving Prices
- Long Distance Moving Services
- Military Moves
- Military Moving Companies
- Moving & Storage
- Office Moves
- Piano Moves
- Pool Table Moves
- Senior Moves
- Small Moves
- State to State Moving Services