- What Are Classic Cars?
- What's Different About Transporting A Classic Car?
- How To Transport A Classic Car To A Car Show Yourself
- 1. Choose The Right Vehicle
- 2. Inspect Your Vehicle
- 3. Load Your Car Carefully
- 4. Secure Your Car
- 5. Drive Carefully
- How To Choose Classic Car Transport Companies
- The Difference Between A Carrier And An Auto Transport Broker
- What Is Covered Car Transportation?
- Reasons To Choose Covered Car Transport
- Protection From The Elements
- Reduced Risk Of Accidents
- Improved Security
- Peace Of Mind
- Cost Savings
- Some Classic Car Shipping Companies
- Montway Auto Transport
- American Auto Shipping
- A-1 Auto Transport
If you're a classic car enthusiast, you know that taking your vehicle to a classic car show should be on your checklist. However, classic car transportation can be difficult if you don't know what you're doing.
This post will give you tips on transporting your classic car safely and efficiently. We'll also provide information on the different classic car shipping options. So, whether you're transporting your classic car across town or across the country, we have you covered!
What are classic cars?
Classic cars are those that are not typically found on the roads. Instead, classic car enthusiasts often collect and restore these vehicles.
Classic cars usually have powerful engines and sleek designs. As a result, they are often seen as status symbols and may be owned by celebrities or other wealthy individuals.
As they are valuable investments, it is crucial to transport them carefully to avoid any damage to classic cars.
What's different about transporting a classic car?
Before anything else, you must know that the transportation process for classic cars and regular cars is different.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when transporting a classic car:
- Choose an experienced auto transport company: Many auto transport companies specialize in transporting classic cars. It is important to do your research and choose one with plenty of experience transporting these vehicles.
- Ensure your car is insured correctly: Ensure that your classic car is adequately insured before transporting it. Transporting a classic car exposes it to possible damage in transit, so it must be properly insured. Transporting a classic car without insurance is not worth the risk, especially when the car is expensive and valuable.
- Prepare your car for transport: Before shipping your classic car, it's important to give it a thorough inspection and make sure everything is in working order. It would be best if you also cleaned the interior and exterior of the car to prevent any damage during transport.
Classic or exotic car transport can be more complicated than shipping a regular vehicle, so it's important to do your research and choose a reputable auto transport company. Then, with little preparation, you can ensure that your classic car arrives safely at its destination.
How to transport a classic car to a car show yourself
If you're lucky enough to own a classic car, you may want to show it off at a car show. But how do you transport your classic car to the show?
Here are a few tips:
1. Choose the right vehicle.
You'll need a vehicle that can safely and securely transport your classic car. A trailer is ideal, but consider renting one if you don't have one.
2. Inspect your vehicle.
Before loading up your classic car, inspect it for any damage that could occur during transport. This includes checking the tires, fluids, and engine.
3. Load your car carefully.
When loading your classic car onto the transport vehicle, take extra care not to damage it. For example, use ramps or dollies to avoid scratching the paint or damaging the tires.
4. Secure your car.
Once your classic car is loaded, make sure it is secured so that it doesn't move during transport. Use straps or chains to secure the car to the transport vehicle.
5. Drive carefully.
When driving to the car show, take your time and drive carefully. Avoid rough roads and potholes, and take turns slowly.
Although transporting your car yourself can be helpful, it is safer to let professionals handle the transportation of your valuable car. This is because shipping a classic car must be done carefully, and professional car transporters know how to safely transport cars of every kind.
How to choose classic car transport companies
If you plan to transport a classic automobile, you'll want to use a reputable and competent transport company. The top choices are businesses that operate enclosed transportation and have full USDOT certification.
Here are a few things for classic car owners to consider when choosing a transport company:
- Make sure the company is insured and licensed. This is important in case of any damage that may occur during transport.
- Choose a company that has experience shipping classic cars. They will know how to secure and ship your car to prevent damage.
- When going to classic car shows, you need to make sure your vehicle arrives on time. Make sure the company you choose has a good track record of on-time deliveries.
- Get quotes from multiple companies so you can compare the classic car transport cost. Be sure to ask about insurance and transit time to make the best decision for your needs.
- Ensure that the driver is experienced. Transporting cars can be risky, so you must ensure your car is in good hands.
The difference between a carrier and an auto transport broker
When hiring a company to ship your car, it's essential to be aware of the two kinds of car shipping companies: carriers and brokers.
A carrier is a company that owns and operates its fleet of trucks, trailers, and other vehicles.
On the other hand, a broker is a middleman who arranges transportation services for their clients.
Carriers are typically required to have insurance covering their cars and drivers, while brokers typically are not.
Therefore, if you go with a carrier, you may be covered by the carrier's insurance policy if something goes wrong during transport.
Ultimately, using a carrier or a broker for your transportation needs depends on your specific needs and preferences. However, insurance coverage and enclosed carrier options are two key factors to consider when deciding.
What is covered car transportation?
Whether you use an open or closed carrier is another critical factor to consider. Enclosed car transport options offer protection from the elements and potential theft, while open carriers do not.
Covered car transportation, also called enclosed auto transport, is the process of transporting a vehicle using a specially designed covered trailer. This type of trailer helps protect the vehicle from the elements during transit and provides added security.
There are many benefits to using covered car transportation, especially when shipping a high-value or classic car. The enclosed environment protects the vehicle from weather damage, road debris, and even potential thieves.
This makes it an ideal option for those who want to ensure their vehicle arrives in pristine condition.
Covered car transportation is typically more expensive than open-air shipping methods. Still, it is worth the investment for those who need to ship their vehicles long distances or across country borders.
7 reasons to choose covered car transport
Covered car transport is one of the safest and most reliable ways to move your vehicle. Here are seven reasons why you should choose a covered car transport service for all your cars:
1. Protection from the elements
Covered car transport protects your vehicle from weather damage, including sun exposure, rain, and snow.
2. Reduced risk of accidents
When your vehicle is covered, it is less likely to be damaged in an accident.
3. Improved security
Covered car transport provides an extra layer of security for your vehicle.
4. Peace of mind
Covered car transport gives you peace of mind knowing that your vehicle is in good hands. You can ship your vehicle to car shows knowing that it will arrive with no problems.
Covered car transport is convenient because you don't have to drive your vehicle to the transport company's facility. Many companies will pick up your car at a prearranged location.
Covered car transport is flexible because you can choose the pick-up and delivery dates best for you.
7. Cost savings
Covered car transport can help save money on fuel and vehicle maintenance costs.
Some classic car shipping companies
Montway Auto Transport
Montway Auto Transport is a nationwide leader in auto transport services. With over ten years of experience, they have transported thousands of vehicles for satisfied customers. They offer classic car transport services as well as general auto transport services. In addition, they have a door-to-door service that picks up cars and delivers them to the required location in the United States.
AmeriFreight is another option if you're looking for an auto transport service to handle your classic vehicles. They have experience and expertise in shipping cars over both short and long distances. In addition, they offer a variety of shipping options to choose from.
American Auto Shipping
A third option is American Auto Shipping. This shipping service offers both open and enclosed transport. They are experienced and offer a variety of options to fit different needs and budgets.
A-1 Auto Transport
A-1 Auto Transport is one of the best auto transport companies. Our team of experienced and professional classic car transporters is dedicated to providing you with the best possible service. We understand the value of your classic vehicle and will take every precaution to ensure that it is transported safely and securely.
When you choose A-1 Auto Transport for your classic car transport needs, you can rest assured that your vehicle will be in good hands. We have a fleet of specially-equipped trucks designed to transport your classic car safely. Our drivers are all highly experienced and fully insured.
We also offer door-to-door service so that you can relax and enjoy the ride while we take care of everything else.
If you are looking for a classic car transport company that you can trust, look no further than A-1 Auto Transport. We have the experience and expertise to get your classic car safely to its destination. Contact us today to get started.