- How Heavy Cargo Freight Shipping Services Are Priced
- How To Make Sure You’re Getting The Best Rates
- A-1 Auto Transport Is Here To Help
Shipping heavy equipment is a delicate thing that requires all your attention. For one thing, the sheer size and shape of these machines can make for a rather complicated process. On top of that, if anything happens to the equipment during transport, the business could potentially suffer as a result until it is fixed.
But when you opt for professional heavy cargo freight shipping services, all these risks are dramatically reduced. Teams are fully insured and trained to handle heavy cargo and deliver safety to where you need it to go.
So, another question might arise: how much does it cost? A-1 Auto Transport is here to help clarify this topic.
How Heavy Cargo Freight Shipping Services Are Priced
Heavy cargo freight shipping rates can vary anywhere between $1 per mile, to $5 per mile. The reason why it’s so hard to find a fixed price even on a transport company's website is that even companies don’t really know how much it would cost to ship a piece of heavy equipment until they look closer into the topic.
This is because prices in the shipping industry can depend on a lot of different factors, which can potentially be the difference between paying just $1 per mile or even going above $5 per mile.
Mai factors that can influence the rate can sometimes include:
- Heavy equipment type, shape, and size
- The season you need to ship it
- The location where it’s being shipped
- Shipping add-ons such as door to door delivery
- Special requirements, etc.
All of these factors can impact your rates. Even if a transporting company does put its average rates for everyone to see, these numbers might not mean anything for you specifically. For instance, A-1 Auto Transport offers some heavy equipment shipping estimates, but the real cost of your shipment heavily depends on all the above factors.
How to Make Sure You’re Getting the Best Rates
If you need to ship heavy equipment and want to ensure you don’t exceed your budget, here are a few tips that can help:
- Research the Market - There are shipping companies of many sizes and competencies available. It’s important to properly research a few different ones to see which can offer what you need, and is trustworthy to handle your requirements;
- Compare the Free Estimates - Transport companies offer potential clients price estimates on their shipments. While these numbers are not set in stone and can change depending on the types of additional services you opt for, they can give you a pretty good idea of how much a company charges. If you get free estimates from a few different ones, you can then compare them to see which is more affordable;
- Choose the Winter Season - If possible, you should opt to ship your heavy equipment during the colder months. Demand tends to fall really low, and a lot of companies offer special discounts that can genuinely cut down your costs tremendously;
- Cut Down on "Special Services" - Transport companies can offer a hassle-free way to transport your heavy equipment. But if you’re looking to stay on a specific budget, you might want to let go of the ‘shinier’ parts of the contract to keep your bill as low as you can.
A-1 Auto Transport Is Here to Help
A-1 Auto Transport doesn’t just ship vehicles - we can help you with your heavy equipment freight shipping needs as well!
Our services are reliable and affordable, and have helped many business owners get their heavy equipment to anywhere they need it.
To get a more accurate idea of how much the heavy equipment freight will cost, use our online tool to get a free estimate, and call us at 1-888-849-2447 now to find out more about our services and how we can help!