When activity duty military personnel receive transfer orders, there is a lot that must be done. You must make moving arrangements, which can include hiring movers, transporting vehicles, and beginning the process to secure new housing.
All of this must be accomplished within a certain amount of time, to be determined by your assigned orders. If you will be transferring to a base nearby, you may consider driving their own vehicle to their new location, but if you are being transferred to a different state, there are other options entirely. One possibility to explore would be shipping your vehicle to your final destination. Although this route is typically more expensive than simply driving your vehicle, the benefit makes this option well worth the cost. In order to make arrangements to transport your vehicle, begin researching companies immediately after receiving your orders. You will want to find a company that has the following three characteristics:
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
- Experience – Although the number of years a transport company has been in business can give you a basic understanding of their level of experience, it does not tell the whole picture. You will want to find a company familiar with military transfers and transport because there are different factors that must be taken into account for these specific situations.
- Reputation – The auto transport industry is unfortunately riddled with less than savory companies and individuals. This is why it is so important to seek out and find a truly reputable company to deal with. Often the transportation department within your current base station can shed some light and give you a referral, but if not, then be sure to utilize online review websites like Yelp and also check standing with the Better Business Bureau.
- Affordability – Let’s face it, the pay of an average enlisted military personnel isn’t exactly the greatest, and oftentimes, will barely cover the cost of movers, let alone include auto transport. The more time you have to research potential companies, the more time you can spend comparing different transport packages to find a great company that won’t break the bank. Many companies do offer military discounts, so always make it clear that you are active duty in order to get the best deal possible.
Receiving transfer orders is exciting, but it can also be stressful and time-consuming working out the details. Consider utilizing an auto transport company to ship your vehicle, because then you will not have to worry about us the wear and tear and time spent driving your vehicle alone from point A to point B. Just one less thing to worry about when doing your very honorable duty of serving this great country that we live in.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?