Hire A Mover Versus Hiring A Truck
While making a move, there are various options at your disposal. Some of the options that you may choose include hiring a truck or hiring a mover. A1 Auto Transport makes it easier for you to move and offers great moving services across long or short distances.
Benefits of hiring a mover over hiring a truck
- Cost: While you may be making a move on a budget and would like to consider the option that would be less costly, it is better to hire a mover. Whereas hiring a truck may seem to be cheaper, there are additional costs that may crop up and end up making this moving option more costly. With a mover, you know exactly what it will cost you beforehand.
- Safety: Hiring a truck requires that you will be confident and comfortable driving it along the distance that you will be moving. This may pose some safety risks. On the other hand, when you hire a mover, that becomes their headache and you are guaranteed of the safety of your belongings. A reliable mover who offers long distance moving services will be able to do this.
- Insurance: When you opt to use a truck, you may not benefit from comprehensive insurance cover. This is not so with movers who are liable for any item that may be damaged while on transit. For you, if you use friends and family to help you, should they damage any of your belongings in the process, you cannot ask them to compensate you.
- Bargains: Some movers may offer you great bargains. You will need to do a lot of research on the companies offering such incentives and also schedule your move to be around the less busy season. Conduct plenty of research on the moving companies so you can ensure that in as much as the state-to-state moving services they are offering are discounted, the safety of your products will still be guaranteed.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Advantages of hiring a moving truck
- No time costs: This option includes daily rental prices, unlike movers who charge hourly rates.
- Control: You will have more control over the schedule of your move.
Disadvantages of hiring a moving truck
- Extra charges: Hiring a moving truck comes with additional costs such as premium charges for refueling. There are also hidden costs such as insurance costs, fuel costs and the cost of packing fragile products.
- Liability: In the event that you damage your property while moving, you will be liable.
- Uncertainties: Hiring a moving truck brings about uncertainties that may overwhelm you should they occur. This includes your family or friends not showing up to help you move or the truck you have hired breaking down.
In the long-run, the benefits of hiring a mover heavily outweigh those of hiring a truck. While receiving moving services may cost you more money, it is better compared to covering the cost of all the risks that you face if you opt to use a truck. Indeed, the peace of mind that comes from using movers is priceless.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org