Motorcycle transporters can deliver your bike to any location in the country, no matter the distance. They offer safe and reliable shipping solutions for low rates and they even offer full-coverage for your bike.
Consider contacting a professional Harrodsburg transporter to ship your bike even if you have plans to leave the country.
Find the best deals on transport by collecting quotes from multiple companies. If you do a bit of research online, you can find out which companies are the best. Customer reviews will provide you with great insight as to what kind of service the motorcycle transport company provides.
Motorcycle Shipping Prep.
- Remove any personal items from your bike.
- Leave about a quarter of a tank of gas in the motorcycle.
- Take note of the condition and snap some photographs.
- Disable your alarm.
- Confirm contact information and collect the required documentation.
The Ways to Ship a Motorcycle.
- Enclosed Transport - The best way to ship a motorcycle is inside of an enclosed container. It is also the most expensive way to ship any type of cargo, but it does provide more layers of protection.
- Open Air Transport - This is the most popular shipping method customers purchase because it is less expensive. Even though your bike will be shipped on an open carrier and exposed to weather conditions, it will be covered by insurance.
- Door to Door - This delivery option makes it so that you never have to go to the depot. The company will send a driver to your door and transport the bike from there. Consider this if you plan on moving to another location permanently.
- Terminal to Terminal - This is the most cost effective way to have a motorcycle delivered. Rather than paying for a convenient delivery, you can transport your bike to the terminal yourself.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.