Safe And Reliable Glen Allen Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
The town of Glen Allen was called Stewart's gap in earlier times. It was supposedly named after two engineers who worked on the railroad that passes through it. It is located between Fayette and Marion County in Alabama. The town grew as a result of the railroad enabling the transportation of cotton, lumber, sassafras oil, and coal. If you are interested in shipping cars to or from Glen Allen, there's only one company you should get in touch with, A-1 Auto Transport. We have been in operation for over a quarter a century, reliably delivering vehicles and other items to our esteemed customers all over the world. Numerous testimonials from satisfied customers are proof of our dedication, ability, and attention to detail.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Glen Allen to Jacksonville||$422||563 miles||2-4 days|
|Glen Allen to Cleveland||$539||718 miles||3-5 days|
|Detroit to Glen Allen||$556||741 miles||3-5 days|
|Denver to Glen Allen||$760||1266 miles||4-6 days|
|Glen Allen to Los Angeles||$1178||1964 miles||5-7 days|
|Portland to Glen Allen||$1210||2419 miles||7-9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Areas we ship to or from Glen Allen
We have come a long way since our days as a regional auto shipper. We could only ship to a handful of states and that was mainly to big towns. We are now capable of shipping to individual households in small cities. We can ship a wide range of items to any part of the 6.6 square miles that make up this town. When shipping cars to or from Glen Allen, we mainly use Alabama State Highways 129 and 118. Other town and cities around Glen Allen that we serve include Jasper, Northport, Tuscaloosa, Pleasant Grove, Hueytown, Cullman, Fairfield, Gardendale, Bessemer, Muscle Shoals, Sheffield, Hartselle in Alabama and Columbus, Tupelo, and West Point in Mississippi.
Our service portfolio
Customers shipping cars to or from Glen Allen can look forward to getting a comprehensive list of shipping options that cover shipping by road, rail, sea, and air. Some of our services include:
- Door to door pick-up and drop off: This is our most 'in-demand' service. Under door to door shipping, the customer does not need to drop off or pick-up his vehicle to any depot or terminal, we pick-up the vehicle right at his doorstep and deliver it to any location across the globe.
- Terminal to terminal: Customers are required to drop off and pick-up their vehicles from designated terminals close to their locations. It can be quite tiring and inconvenient especially if you are shipping non-op vehicles.
- Port to port: It is essentially the same as the terminal to terminal shipping; the difference is that the vehicle will be dropped off and picked up from a docking port. This service is cheaper compared to the door to door one but it requires the customer to have extensive knowledge of how to clear the vehicle from the port.
- Freight shipping: For customers shipping anything that doesn't include cars, we offer freight shipping. Under this service, we ship even the biggest and most oddly shaped items. There are no shape and weight limitations. Some of the services and items we offer include refrigerated shipping, transportation of construction equipment, boilers, general cargo and many more.
Types of vehicles we ship
- Jet skis
- Fishing boats
- Sports cars
- Classic and antique cars
- Golf carts
The process of shipping cars
Different companies have different steps in which the shipping process flows. Below is an overview on the basic steps:
- Plan and schedule ahead. This gives you ample time to shop around for the best possible deals. It also gives the carrier time to prepare for your shipment and ensure that your car arrives at its destination in the desired time-frame.
- Clean out your vehicle. You are by law required to remove any personal items from your car before handing it over for shipping. Failure to do this may result to fines and delays.
- Inspect your car. Perform a walk around inspection of your vehicle taking pictures and noting down all the dents, scratches, and any other damage.
- Ensure that the car has low fuel and remove any aftermarket installations to avoid damage or theft.
- Deliver your car to the carrier or have it picked up.
- The car is loaded onto the back of the carrier.
- The vehicle is transported.
- Pick up the car or have it dropped off.
Ship with us
When you ship with the best, you also get the best possible outcome. We have been doing this for over 25 years. It's fair to say that we wouldn't have lasted this long if we didn't offer quality services. Our pricing is also affordable and our services reliable.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.