It is important that you hire an auto transporter in Los Angeles with international shipping experience. They understand the significance in complying with the country’s policies for import and will guide you through the process to gain Customs’ approval.
Costa Rica’s auto import policy remains rather lenient in comparison to many other countries. Nevertheless, import policies are always being updated and changed. Before scheduling your vehicle’s transport, make sure that it complies with the restrictions of the country by calling the Embassy of Costa Rica
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
About the Regulations and Taxes for Auto Import in Costa Rica.
- Specific paperwork including your license, passport, vehicle title and registration, and other forms of similar proof need to be given to Customs. You will need to provide proof of paid tariffs and duties. For vehicles over six years of age entering the country, expect to pay a higher rate. It is safe to say that vehicles over 6 years old will be charged at least 70% of the vehicle’s value in taxes, whereas newer vehicles will usually be somewhere around 50%. These percentages vary over time.
- Costa Rica requires all vehicle owners to complete an inspection on an annual or bi-annual basis, depending on the age of the car. All auto imports will need to pass this inspection.
- Before you can drive off with your vehicle, it will need to be registered in the country. Insurance coverage is also required.
While completing the tasks to obtain the proof needed can be time consuming, the professionals will be there to guide you through the process. They will be extremely helpful, especially in obtaining all of the proper documents. They want nothing more than to assure that the car is shipped to Costa Rica safely.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?