Safe And Reliable Ellington Motorcycle Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Riding motorcycles is so much fun. However, it becomes challenging in various instances. Examples of these cases are:
- Bad weather is bad for riding. Not only is it bad for bikes, but also the riders’ safety.
- Bad health may cause impaired vision or judgment while riding your bike. Seeking a transportation solution is the best thing to do.
- Mechanical problems or inoperable motorcycles require repair experts. When taking the bikes for repair a motorcycle shipping service is needed.
- Avoiding wear and tear as well as increased mileage is another reason why bike owners look for shipping companies.
- Attending motocross events call for motorcycle shipping as the promoters and organizers require that the participants move their motorcycles.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Open carrier hauling. If you are shipping bikes within Ellington or to cities close to you, an open-air truck will be efficient. This is the cheap method for inland shipping.
- Enclosed trailer hauling. It is among the most expensive options of shipping motorcycles on the road. With the enclosed option, one can move bikes even under harsh weather.
- Palleted trailer hauling. This is yet another safe and expensive form of inland bike shipping. Soft wood is a sturdy material that cannot get broken by small falls. You are sure your bike is well shielded against falls and mishandling.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
There are specific guidelines used by motorcycle shippers to prepare bikes ahead of transportation. Even if they are often overlooked, they are set to keep the motorcycle and handlers safe during the entire trip. It is recommendable to do the simple activities for a hassle-free shipping.
- Remove dirt and tough stains on the motorbike. Use mild detergent that is gentle on the cosmetic appearance.
- Place the motorbike in a well-lit spot and check for damages. Write down the damages that cannot be repaired immediately.
- Removing fluids that are deemed dangerous is recommended. We want to prevent as much as possible cases of fire explosions.
- Fuel is another highly inflammable substance. Fumes fill the shipping vessels when you ship bikes filled to full tank capacity. We advise customers to leave just ¼ volume of gas.
- As insurers try to limit what they compensate for, personal accessories will never be compensated for, so it is wise to remove them from the bike.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
- To be on the safe end, look for accredited shippers. Ask for their US DOT and MC numbers before entering into business with them. Adding to the DOT numbers, they must have valid permits. Permits allow for shipping in Ellington and other cities too.
- For any motorcycle hauling company you will ever consider using for shipping needs, ensure they have been in the trade for around 20 years or more. This is enough knowledge for shippers to have learnt all the routes and ropes in shipping.
- Check the shipping methods that your hauling service provides. They should include the option you need. If they are not offering the precise method, they should have the ability to create a shipping alternative.
- The motorcycle haulage firm should have offices your can visit and speak to agents. These offices should be situated in all regions they ship inclusive of overseas countries they do business in.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
- Come to us if you want to enjoy shipping service at friendly prices. You can as well negotiate if your budget is lower. There are alternatives for both low and high budgets.
- The team on board has received the best training from veterans. Good news is, they own scramblers. Therefore, they are aware of the worth of bikes. Shipping with such, you can be sure to get special treatment.
- Technology is an aspect we have gladly embraced and incorporated in our operations. Our satellite systems help us monitor how the trucks operate. If you want to view your motorcycle location, the satellite can sync with smart devices and you can see the precise status of delivery.
- All our operations are insured to keep safe all the motorcycles getting shipped. That said, you can file claims should you notice any damage on the bike. If you provide evidence, you will get compensated.
Our Ellington motorcycle shipping services
- You can first finalize your busy schedules and collect the bike when ready.
- Insurance policy.
- Enclosed shipping service.
Talk to us!
A-1 Auto Transport is the shipper to come to if you are tired of games with rogue shippers. With our services, you will enjoy insured shipping, affordable shipping methods and customer services with a personal touch. Talk to us on phone through 1-800-452-2880.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.