Douglas Motorcycle Shipping
Safe And Reliable Douglas Motorcycle Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
There are different situations that make it necessary to transport bikes. Such include when a bike has to be delivered to the address of a relocating business or individual, or to the purchaser. A bike may also have to be transported to the location at which a biking event will take place so that the participants may get to the activities in good time. It may also not be good to use a bike over journeys that will lead to the wear and tear of its parts as well as increased mileage. Therefore, when any of the mentioned situations arise, it is better to hire motorcycle shipping services which will provide you with reliable transportation solutions.
The available motorcycle shipping methods
The following are some methods that we can use in the delivery of motorcycles:
Air transport, which is the fastest method and also the most expensive.
Water transport, which is a slower but cheaper alternative to air transport.
Road transport, which is a common method of transportation. The cost depends on a number of factors, including the fuel consumption.
Rail transport, which is an alternative to road transport and is more reliable because it is not characterized by any delays.
Getting your bike ready for shipping
To ship a bike, you have to ensure that its condition meets the set requirements. Preparing a bike for shipping will require you to remove the motorcycle accessories, disable the alarm system, check the fluids levels, the tire pressure and the engine. You should also confirm that the gas in the tank is at a maximum level of a quarter of the total capacity. You should also ensure that the parts that need fixing are attended to by a professional. After cleaning the bike, you ought to inspect it and also take photos of it. This will be useful in the event that you will have to file a claim form as you seek for compensation for damages caused to your bike when it was being shipped.
Note: Additional preparation is required when shipping the bike in a crate: you have to disconnect the battery and drain the fluids.
Choosing a Mover
The following are factors that you should consider as you search for a mover:
- Relevant experience in motorcycle shipping, especially to Douglas.
- Approval by the Better Business Bureau.
- Licensed to operate and also registered under the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT).
- Variety of motorcycle transportation options available.
Why you should hire us
There are many movers who provide motorcycle transport solutions but these are some of the reasons as to why you should hire A-1 Auto transport:
We have been in operation for close to three decades and we have services that have been tried and tested. We have also gained knowledge of all that is required to make a move successful. When you ship with us, you can be guaranteed that you will get the best experience and that your bike will be in safe hands. We provide high-quality services at pocket-friendly rates. You can request for a quote and this shall be issued free of charge and with no obligations attached. With this, you can get the estimated shipping cost and determine if it is within your budget. We also have the capacity to provide you with tailored transport solutions and thus, if you would like the good handling of a classic bike or if you would like to attend a motorcycle event, you have found the right mover for the job. We have experienced drivers who also ensure that you get the bike in good time. Since they are familiar with most routes, they pass through the most direct and least congested roads in a bid to reduce the transit time and lower the fuel costs.
The available Douglas motorcycle shipping services
The following are the Douglas motorcycle shipping services that we provide:
- Open-air motorcycle transport: Affordable but offers less protection to the bike.
- Enclosed motorcycle transport: Just as the name suggests, the bike will be enclosed in a truck and thus, secure. However, it is more expensive compared to open-air transport.
- Crated motorcycle transport: A safe shipping option in which the bike is put in a crate that has a reinforced pallet base which can withstand its weight.
- Storage services: We provide you with reliable storage solutions and the bike may be held safely at our facilities until the time you request that it be released.
- Insurance coverage: This acts as a cushion against the situation that comes up when damage is caused to the bike.
Get in touch
We welcome you to get in touch if you need more information on our services or if you would like to get a quote. You can reach our agents at any time on the number 1-800-452-2880.