Door to Door versus Terminal to Terminal Delivery for Your Motorcycle
When you purchase shipping services through A1, you’ll notice that you have optional services available to you as well. These services are meant to enhance the quality, timeliness and security of your bike’s transport. Of course, the options presented to you will likely increase the rate you pay for the transport but they may be worth it to you in specific circumstances.
Terminal to terminal delivery is when the bike is expected to be dropped off at a terminal assigned by the shipping company. They’ll find the shipping terminal closest to where the motorcycle is stored. It is the shipping customer’s job to make sure the bike arrives as scheduled.
The vehicle is then transported to another terminal closer to its destination where it must be picked up by the receiver of the delivery. This is a cheaper way to ship but puts more responsibility in the hands of the customer.
Door to door delivery is a much more convenient service than terminal to terminal but it will increase the amount you pay for shipping. When you opt for door to door delivery services, we will send a driver out to where the bike is stored for pickup. This saves you the hassle of getting the bike to a terminal. Once the motorcycle is secured to the transport hauler, it is taken to the exact drop off address specified by the shipping customer.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory