Safe And Reliable Decatur Motorcycle Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Our shippers’ hands are always busy handling bikes, moving them to different locations, and trying to help bikers make good decisions. The following are some of the activities that keep us busy.
- Helping motorcycle builders and dealers move bikes to clients or to other dealers.
- Offering help to bike owners with faulty bikes to transport them to mechanics.
- Shipping bikes during severe weather to protect the well-being of the owners.
- Moving motorbikes to events. Several organizers want participants to ship bikes to the location.
- Shipping luxury bikes that cannot be ridden for long distances. Wear and tear will make them break down often.
Our agents in Decatur will listen to you, analyze the problem and suggest a good solution. Happy shipping!
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Water transport. We have helped so many dealers transport several bikes to overseas countries via water method. The well-liked shipping option is the perfect choice for anyone who wants to ship bikes abroad at a pocket-friendly rate.
- Rail transport. A great option for bike owners who are looking for affordable inland shipping. Trains can be covered or non-covered. Enjoy the safest and stress-free inland shipping alternative.
- Road transport. Another inland shipping method that offers faster deliveries than rail shipping. Additionally, there are many routes drivers can use to deliver the cargo even faster.
- Air transport. Shipping motorbikes abroad cannot be any faster without air transport method. The method works by delivering the cargo to the airport and having the recipient pick it from there.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
Before any type of moving is executed, motorcycles should be prepared. Different shippers will recommend different procedures like:
- Clean the motorbikes and remove the grease, mud, and grime.
- After inspecting the motorbike, document the damages discovered. Give a copy of these to your shipper and another to the recipient.
- Take good and clear pictures. Make sure these reach the recepient.
- Remove the alarm from your motorbike.
- Ensure the bike pressure is enough to cushion your ride.
- Check the engine for defects.
- Charge the motorbike battery.
- If you are using the crated method of shipping, you are needed to remove the battery and ship it separately. Use a safe container to pack it.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
- The motorcycle hauling firm you are using should have acquired heavy duty shipping machinery. Modern equipment also makes sure that motorcycle handling and shipping is secure and deliveries are made in good time.
- The motorbike shipping company you deal with should be experienced. Enough experience will ensure that they have the required knowledge to handle motorcycles. You should not attempt to gamble with the safety of your motorcycle.
- Accidents do not send warnings when they happen. During such abrupt periods, an insurance policy will come in handy. Your shipper should provide an insurance coverage and if possible, ask if they offer a comprehensive insurance policy.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
- We are the motorcycle shipping service of choice when it comes to efficiency. We have capabilities of delivering consignments in their numbers within deadlines and safely too. You can always count on us for every move in Decatur and out of the city.
- A-1 Auto Transport Inc. has obtained proper documentation from the US Department of Transport. We have permission to move motorcycles in and out of the US provided the bikes have passed the customs
- Prevention is better than cure! An insurance policy is provided for every motorcycle shipment. If there is any damage that will occur while your motorcycle is in transit, be sure you will get full compensation. You will not break a sweat when making claims as our shippers will follow up until you are paid.
- Our professional staff begins their duties after passing through comprehensive training. You can confirm this by observing how they perform their duties.
Our Decatur motorcycle shipping services
- Secure motorcycle Shipping. All insecurity loopholes are sealed. The wake of modern technology has helped curb cases of theft.
- 28 years of experience in motorcycle haulage. Our truck drivers are good decision makers especially when it comes to bike security and speedy deliveries.
- Tracking of motorcycles in real time. This is a feature that is not offered by many shipping companies. The customer has an option of connecting to our satellite to locate the cargo.
Talk to us!
After decades of shipping, we have come up with shipping options that give other shipping companies a run for their money. Bid goodbye the sleepless nights and unending worries just because your motorcycle is being shipped. Book your bike shipment online or call an agent on 1-800-452-2880.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.