If you are moving away from your home in Cumberland or just in need of shipping a motorcycle, consider professional transport services.
With all of the reliable transport services made available throughout the city, shipping a motorcycle is one of the easiest tasks to complete.
Motorcycle Transport Options and Requirements.
There are several ways in which a person can have their motorcycle shipped to other states. Many Cumberland transport companies will offer a variety of different transport methods for you to select from. While some of these methods are seemingly safer than others, it is up to you to find a method of shipping that you feel safe using and that can accommodate your budget.
Methods of Transport.
- Open Air Shipping - this method consists of putting the bike on top of a flatbed trailer. While this is a cheaper method of shipping, it leaves the bike open to all weather and road conditions during its transport.
- Enclosed Shipping - this method of transport is safer. The bike is placed within an enclosed container.
- Crated Shipping - this is the safest form of transport and it consists of strapping the bike to a wooden pallet after the battery has been disconnected and the fluids have been drained. It is then slid into a small container for its transport.
- Terminal to Terminal - the bike will need to be dropped off at a transport terminal and retrieved at another one nearby the bike’s destination. This is cheaper than door to door, but can become inconvenient if the terminal is not near you.
- Door to Door - the motorcycle is retrieved directly from wherever it is at and dropped off at any address you specify.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.