Choosing the Most Dependable Boat Shipping Company
When you’re in need of boat shipping services, make sure you hire a company you can trust with the delivery process of your precious water vessel. Luckily, there are many great auto transport companies with the ability to safely ship a boat whether by ground or overseas transportation methods. To find the right transporter for the job, make sure you conduct a little research first.
The Qualities of a Reliable Shipping Company
- The latest, most durable boat transport equipment such as lifts, haulers, trailers and other heavy machinery are owned by the boat transporter. They should have everything they need including the latest shipping technology, to make sure your boat is safely shipped to its destination.
- As a licensed boat shipping company, the state requires that each shipping customer is provided with at least liability insurance coverage. Additional insurance coverage is available for purchase through most transporters. If shipping a boat overseas, it’s best to have full coverage during the delivery process.
- The transporter should have DOT registration, BBB approval and other certifications and licensing. This proves their compliance with all safety laws and their dependability.
- They’ll provide their customers with various shipping options and methods of delivery. They’ll even have the capability of customizing your boat’s transport to suit your shipping needs and your budget.
- They’ll have experienced professionals guide you through the process of shipping. You can count on them to help you gain import approval through Customs if shipping the yacht internationally. They should have experience complying with foreign import laws.
- Online, you’ll find positive reviews, testimonials and ratings regarding the boat transport company.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.