Safe And Reliable Chamblee Motorcycle Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Bikers have a hard time letting their motorcycles go out of their sights. Before this happens there must be a concrete reason. Whatever the reason for having the bike shipped, A-1 Auto Transport will help with the move. You will miss your ride but will have no worries about its safety whatsoever.
Some of the situations that will make it necessary to have your bike shipped include:
- Shipping your faulty motorcycle to a mechanic in a distant location.
- Transporting the ride when you are moving to Chamblee because you opt to use another means of moving.
- Shipping your road trotter to the venue where a biking event is scheduled to take place.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Crated transport. You will have your motorbike packed in carefully built wooden boxes. The boxes are strong and have protective cushions aligned in the interior.
- Enclosed transport. Shipping motorbikes in harsh weather or too far states needs a method that is protective. It needs enclosed shipping. The interior of the trucks entails top-of-the-range security fixtures.
- Open-air transport. Strapped with soft ties and wheels locked with chokes, your ride is ready for shipping. You will enjoy the low rates charged for open-air shipping.
- Here, bikes get secured in metal containers, which are loaded on a lowboy truck and shipped to the destination. The interior of these is also fitted with watertight features.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
Minimize the chances of your motorcycle getting damaged during shipping by preparing it. The preparation phase is a procedural activity that includes:
- Cleaning of the motorbike or assigning a professional washing service if you are busy.
- Removing the fragile parts. These will break easily if the trucks pass through a rugged terrain.
- Draining hazardous fluids. These include the inflammable and corrosive ones.
- Inspecting the engine. Check for defects and if present, find help from a professional mechanic.
- Charging the battery to full capacity. Remember to disconnect at the terminals.
- Maintenance checks are to be done. These make sure your motorcycle is shipped in a good state.
- Removing personal items from the saddlebags and other storage trunks.
- Reducing the fuel level to around ¼ of the tank capacity. This also reduces the weight of the cargo; hence reducing the shipping fees.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
- Provision of a motor carrier insurance policy. It is best not to use motorcycle shipping firms without insurance coverage. If the bike gets damaged you will have to foot the repairs yourself. Remember to also ask about the risks that their coverage caters for.
- Adequate experience in motorcycle transportation. Shipping is a delicate job. Your bike should not be an experimenting instrument for beginners. Hire shippers with 15 years of experience and above.
- Choose shippers that have invested heavily in shipping machinery and equipment that are made in ultramodern facilities. Every tool comes with a serial number. To check the authenticity of the tools, look up these numbers on their official website.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
- Experience in motorcycle handling. We have shipped bikes to and from various countries around the world. We know all the tricks in the game. Through this, we have come up with more innovative shipping packages that are safer and offer value for money.
- On-transit bike insurance coverage. We are not speaking about the truck insurance here! We mean that your motorcycles are covered with a premium insurance policy. We will settle deals with the insurer if your motorcycle gets damaged while in transit.
- Well-trained shipping crew. A-1 Auto Transport has an in-house shipping academy where the staff members go through rigorous training.
Our Chamblee motorcycle shipping services
- Free advisory services. Our experienced representatives have handled several requests long enough to know the precise solution to offer for any shipping need. They are the people you want to talk to.
- Full customer satisfaction. Our agents will not sleep until you are satisfied that the cargo has been delivered in pristine condition.
- Free shipping quotes. We do not charge for quotations. After analyzing your shipping needs, we will offer an estimate that will be used for the entire shipping.
Talk to us!
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.