Auto transport is a significant expenditure, but in most situations, the benefits make the cost well worth it. There are, however, some auto transport companies that want to nickel and dime you for everything possible.
You will want to do research well in advance of needing the service so that you can compile a list of a quote and get a feel for what to expect. One thing you may encounter in your search is a transport company advertising a $100 fee.
This fee is usually paid directly to the broker who facilitates the transport, so it is essentially their cut of the transaction. One hundred dollars may seem a high price to pay to the middleman, but brokers have a huge network of drivers and will easily be able to get you the best price possible for your transport. Keep that in mind when determining what company you select for your auto transport. Also, it is important to note that even if a company claims to have no additional fee or surcharge, they will still be factoring in income for all parties involved. This means that the total quote will be higher than another competitor because they include the $100 (or different additional amount) automatically.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The best rule of thumb when doing your research on auto shipping companies is that you can’t compare apples to oranges. Make sure you get the entire picture of what is included in the quotes you are provided. If a company wants too tack additional fees down the line, they are probably not that reputable to begin within. Use caution too if you encounter a company low balling all others drastically, because oftentimes they will not be able to provide you with a driver at a significantly lower price point. This can leave you in dire straits when it comes time for your vehicle to be picked up and shipped and no one is there as promised.
Essentially, a company with a $100 fee is actually offering you transparency in your dealings instead of hiding their fee in the overall quote. It also helps to remove the possibility of an auto transport company charging you even more than what they initially offer.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory