When you are in need of motorcycle transport, use the Internet to find the most reputable transporters near your home in Bel Air. This shouldn’t be a hard task, but it certainly should be one that is carried out cautiously.
You wouldn’t want to fall victim to a scam artist or allow untrained individuals to care for your bike’s delivery.
How Is Motorcycle Shipping Beneficial?
Shipping a motorcycle will save the mileage on your motorcycle as well as protect its exterior. Often times, professional services are cheaper than overseeing the delivery of the bike on your own. You’ll be happy you decided to hire professionals.
You might notice that poor weather and road conditions take a toll on the bike, causing minor damage. When you ship a motorcycle, it is much safer. Many companies will even offer insurance during the bike's shipment. This will give you the extra peace of mind needed to know that your bike is in good hands.
Methods of Motorcycle Transport in Bel Air.
There are several methods in which a motorcycle can be transported. It is up to you to select a method of shipment that you feel comfortable with. Some of them are safer than others, but with the right company and insurance on the bike during shipment, the motorcycle should arrive safe and sound.
- Enclosed Shipping - Bike is placed in an enclosed container with multiple other vehicles.
- Crated Shipping - The motorcycle is drained of all fluids, the battery is disconnected, and it is strapped to a wooden pallet. It is then placed inside of a trailer.
- Open Air Shipping - The motorcycle is left exposed to the possibility of poor road and weather conditions. It is placed on an open flatbed trailer.
- Terminal to Terminal - A service where the motorcycle will be dropped off at one terminal and need to be picked up at a terminal in or near the final location. This can be an inconvenience to some, but it is cheaper.
- Door to Door - This is when the company comes to retrieve the bike from you and then drops it off wherever you specify.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.