Using a professional motorcycle shipping company from Baltimore Highlands is a convenient way to make sure that your vehicle is delivered without increased mileage.
There are a few different transport methods available. It's up to the customer to choose the best suited shipping services. No matter what kind of bike you plan on transporting, a professional shipping company will have the shipping solution to meet your needs.
Save Money When You Ship a Motorcycle.
- Receive quotes from more than just one motorcycle shipping company.
- Transport your bike on an open carrier. Enclosed trailers will give your bike more protection against the elements and from debris on the open road, but it’s typically a more expensive shipping alternative.
- Book a ship date as early as possible. If you have to transport a vehicle on short notice, a shipping company can usually help anyway. You will more than likely be charged a higher fee.
- Consider terminal to terminal shipping. This transport method will require you to drop off and pick your motorcycle up at a specific location, but it is more cost effective than door to door shipping.
Keep the Bike Safer by Preparing It for Delivery.
- Top off all fluids and leave gas tank about a quarter of the way full.
- Check tire pressure and make sure that the battery has a full charge.
- Document any cosmetic damage with pictures.
- If your bike has any leaks, make sure to inform your shipping company so that they can secure it in a location where it won’t damage other vehicles.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.