Entrusting your valuable car to a stranger is a stressful decision. We’re here to help make it less of one.
- Enclosed Carrier Auto Transportation is the most Secure means for transporting your auto
- Best for Antiques, Classics, Hotrods, Exotic Sport Cars, and High-End Luxury Vehicles
- Ideal if weather and security is a concern or unknown
- For a free quote, simply fill out the form at the top of the page or call us any time at 1-800-452-2880.
What Is An Enclosed Carrier?
Enclosed carriers are fully encased, hard-sided containers meant to ensure the highest level of protection for your vehicle. Locked down and fully enclosed, this option offers no expose to the elements. Whether you need a custom-built single for a coast to coast move or a neo-bulk cargo ship for an auto show across the globe, enclosed transportation offers a solution.
Unlike open auto transport trailers, auto transport enclosed carriers offer superior securing mechanisms. As opposed to the standard two chain wrapped tire and rubber stopper, enclosed transport use special heavy-duty belts to harness your car. No matter what’s going outside, your car does not move an inch inside.
Another key difference between open auto transport trailers and auto transport enclosed carriers is how the car is handled throughout the trip. From loading to storage, enclosed carriers always keep your auto level and horizontal to the ground. This is accomplished by hydraulic liftgates. Enclosed carriers additionally often offer a cloth overcoat or shee as a protection against dirt, dust, and miscellaneous factors. If requested temperature-controlled shipping for vehicles can be offered as well.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Why Use An Enclosed Carrier?
Complete protection and total security is the leading reason for having your auto transported by enclosed carrier. While auto transportation is the cheapest manner to ship one’s vehicle, enclosed carriers are on the more expensive side of the spectrum. Due to its higher cost (60% – 75%) compared to open auto transport, enclosed carriers are not for everyone. If you drive your car everyday to work enclosed transportation may not be for you. We recommend you go with this option if your car is a collector or classic make not regularly driven or worth more than $50,000. Enclosed carrier is worth it so long as your car is.
Your vehicle is extremely valuable to you, and you want it arrive in time and without a scratch. Due to the enclosed carrier’s hard-sided container and heavy-duty, movement denying belts in the chance of a fender bender during transportation your baby is free of bumps or blemishes.
Meteorlogy is still more of an art than science, so don’t take a chance with precious vehicle. From torrential storms that could cause water damage or break a limb off a tree to dust and dirt that may very well damage your custom paint job, protection comes first.
For those of use that are collectors or own classic car, we know anything from a couple extra miles to and the unsuspecting animal can destroy its value. It is far from unreasonable to ship your car even a short distance via enclosed carrier for that reason. When it comes to auto transport, enclosed carriers let your car go miles without gaining any.
As one cannot control the route taken by the driver, one can’t know what areas they pass through or rest at. For those with new or high-end luxury vehicles auto transportation by enclosed carriers offers peace of mind. No need to worry about your car being stolen, vandalized, or picked apart. Enclosed carriers are locked down and the cars physically tied down.
How Do I Book An Enclosed Carrier?
Easy! Fill out the form above to get a FREE enclosed car transport quote today or call us at 1-800-452-2880 with your questions!
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?