To productively transport a motorcycle, certain obligations need to be met by the shipping service as well as the customer. The top priority on both ends should be the safety of the motorcycle.
Before taking on the task of transporting a motorcycle out of Alliance, do some research for a shipping company that can do the task without hesitation.
Typically, a shipping service has a few different options available to anyone who needs to transport a bike. Some shipping companies will offer great deals for their customers but that doesn’t necessarily mean they are doing the job correctly. Make sure to ask the company if there are any specific policies or procedures to be aware of, how their pickup and delivery process works and about their payment and deposit procedures.
Follow These Well-Guided Tips for the Best Shipping Experience.
- Customer service should be friendly, helpful and experienced.
- The company should uphold good reviews and ratings on the Internet.
- Insurance for the shipping process should be available.
- The transport services should include various means of transport to choose from.
- Ask the transport company about the route they plan on taking and how long it will take to get the bike delivered safely.
- Ask the transporter in Alliance if they carry the proper state licensing and DOT approval.
- Don’t ever give money upfront for services. This could very well lead to disaster if you fall victim to a con artist.
- The transport company should have an easy to navigate website full of information, including accurate contact information.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.