Thousands of motorcycles are transported every year in the U.S. Most of those bikes are being delivered to their destination by a professional shipping service. With all the proper tools in place, a bike can be shipped to Allentown, Pennsylvania at a fair cost. The customer can find many great deals in order to get their bike delivered, but the cheaper option isn’t always best.
Not every motorcycle is the same and they need to be handled and cared for in accordance to their design. If the shipping service is supported by manufacturers and dealers, they are more than likely a reliable service to use to get the bike delivered to Allentown. By utilizing a legitimate and professional company, the integrity of the bike will not be compromised. Even in the most difficult driving situations, as in populated cities such as Allentown, a professional is trained and has the experience to get the bike delivered safely.
Motorcycle Shipping Options.
- Enclosed Transportation- This method is the most secure and popular method to transport a motorcycle. the bike is completely protected against the elements and driving conditions.
- Open Air Transportation- This method of transporting a motorcycle is also very popular, but it leaves the bike slightly exposed to driving conditions and the elements.
- Door to Door- This method of transportation is where the shipping service will pick up the motorcycle at its current location or a convenient location, and deliver it directly to its destination.
- Terminal to Terminal- This is a very cost effective method to transport a motorcycle. However, if the customer doesn’t live near the terminal depot where the bike has been delivered then some traveling may be required.
- Crated Shipping- Depending on the motorcycle, some companies may require that the customer removes their handlebars and mirrors, drain the fluids and disconnect the battery.
Preparing a Motorcycle for Transportation.
- Clean off dirt and deposits.
- Remove loose items and accessories.
- Disable the alarm.
- Check fluids, tire pressure and battery.
- Gas reading should be no higher than ¼ tank before transportation.
- Document damages to the motorcycle before transportation.
Companies to Contact in Allentown, PA.
Brothers Auto Transport
593 Male Rd.
Wind Gap, PA 18091.
Carmoza Auto Transport
2001 Stone Ridge Ln.
Villanova, PA 19085.
T Berry Auto Transport Inc.
6642 Blueberry Ln.
Pipersville, PA 18947.
T Scelzi Auto Transport
4311 W. Swamp Rd.
Doylestown, PA 18902.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.