Safe And Reliable Albertville Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Situated in Marshall County, Albertville is a small Alabama locale with roughly 21,000 residents. It has a legendary history steeped in Native American lore followed by Spanish expeditions in the mid-1500s. The city was incorporated in the late 1800s, with the town’s first post office being established in 1910. Albertville spans about 26 miles, overall, and is home to fire hydrant producer Mueller Company.
Due to the Mueller Company, the city is known as the “fire hydrant capital of the world” and after the company produced their millionth fire hydrant in 1989, the city placed a chrome plated hydrant in front of the Albertville Chamber of Commerce to commemorate the event.
Many residents in Albertville work in local poultry plants owned by companies including Tyson Foods, Wayne Farms and Pilgrims Pride. Others are employed with the local school system, healthcare clinics and with Newman Technology, a company that builds auto parts for Subaru, Honda and Acura. With employment opportunities with Newman Technology and other factory work, Albertville has seen an influx of Latino immigrants and others relocate to the city for work.
If you are planning a move to Albertville, you’ll find that this a close-knit community with all the advantages of a small town including locally owned small businesses, affordable housing options and several family friendly recreation areas as well as fun for all events including an annual music festival, car shows and holiday celebrations held downtown throughout the year.
This is a prideful town – in fact, the town’s slogan is “The Pride Is Alive” – where neighbors look out for one another and growth is encouraged with caution; after all, with growth comes the loss of the quaint nature of a small Southern town and this town prides itself on those characteristics. Auto transport here is primarily booked through one local provider, though getting to Albertville isn’t a chore because of its very central location.
Read more about shipping a car to Alabama.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Jacksonville to Albertville||$488||488 miles||2-4 days|
|Chicago to Albertville||$479||639 miles||3-5 days|
|Albertville to Houston||$558||745 miles||3-5 days|
|Boston to Albertville||$675||1125 miles||4-6 days|
|Tucson to Albertville||$1000||1667 miles||5-7 days|
|San Jose to Albertville||$1150||2301 miles||6-8 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Using Albertville Vehicle Transport Companies
When you are looking to book Albertville car transport services, keep a few key tips in mind:
- Opt for the car transport service that fits your vehicle: For instance, if you are shipping a luxury car, then you are going to want enclosed shipping to ensure that nothing happens to your vehicle en route. Conversely, if yours is a traditional sedan, then go with the more affordable open transport.
- Secure objects inside the vehicle before transport: Auto transport insurance does not cover damage to the interior of the car caused by objects moving around during transport. Make sure to secure any moving objects before shipping your car from or to Albertville.
- Remove extra components ahead of shipping, as well: For instance, some cars have extra seats within them that can add weight to the vehicle. Auto shipping rates are sometimes calculated by weight, so remove these extra components ahead of transport to ensure a better rate.
Step by Step “How to” Transport Your Car to Albertville
Whether you are coming or going, having a car shipped should be handled as stress free as possible by the pro that you hire and here at A-1 Auto Transport, we offer safe, affordable, stress free ways to get your vehicle where you need it. Our number 1 goal is to make sure that you are satisfied with the services we provide, and part of ensuring satisfaction means that we work hard to make sure you know everything there is to know about Albertville auto transport.
Get a quote!
We offer quotes right on the website and you can get yours now by filling out the FREE quote form right at the top of this page. It’s a simple form and you just need to fill in a few questions to get started with your quote today.
The cost to transport a car to or from Albertville will be based not only on the distance between pickup and delivery locations, but also on the current cost of fuel, the weight and height of the car and the mode of transport you choose to have the car transported with.
Open Auto Carrier, Enclosed Trailer or Another Way?
Auto carriers and enclosed transport trailers are the two primary types of auto transport that you can use to move your vehicle to or from Albertville. You can also transport via rail and by plane. Let’s explore all your options so you can make an informed decision on the one that will work best for you.
- Open Carrier and Auto Carrier Trucks- Chances are you have seen many auto carrier trucks rambling down the interstate. They are large open trailers, either single or double decker with numerous vehicles loaded for delivery. This is a simple way to haul a car and usually the most economical. Cars are exposed to the elements just as they are when you drive, so this mode of transport is ideal for most cars, trucks and SUV’s. A typical double decker auto carrier can haul up to ten or twelve vehicles at one time. Flatbed trailers are often used to haul single vehicles or a couple vehicles at a time as well as oversized vehicles including heavy machinery, large SUV’s and recreational vehicles. Scheduling transport on an auto carrier truck is the economical way to move a vehicle and is used by thousands of vehicle owners daily.
- Enclosed- Enclosed, or containerized transport is often used for race cars, collectible cars, rare and expensive cars and luxury sedans as it offers a sealed, secure environment, occasionally climate controlled that will prevent vehicles and other cargo from encountering damaging weather and other elements that can cause cosmetic damage during shipment. It can be more expensive than a standard auto carrier truck but for those who own rare or valuable cars, the expense is well worth it. Since enclosed auto carriers are available in single level or double level, they can haul anywhere from one to six or more vehicles including cars, trucks, SUV’s and motorcycles depending on the carrier size and the overall dimensions of the vehicles being transported.
- Train- Motor vehicles are shipped daily across the country by train, and this is often a quick way to get a car moved from one place to another if the railway reaches the destination. You may be able to deliver the car personally to the station to be loaded or you can also schedule interstate transport to pick the car up your address, deliver it to the railway and even collect it for delivery when it arrives at the nearest station. Shipping by train can be a little costly, and once the car is loaded it may not be under extreme
- Airplane- Cars can also be shipped by air, and while this is most likely going to the fastest option to ship a car long distance, it is also the most expensive. Usually reserved for extremely rare or expensive vehicles that must be relocated quickly, it may be an option worth visiting if you need fast service for delivery to a destination across the country,
Prepare the Vehicle
It’s important to prepare the vehicle ahead of time so it will be ready when the driver arrives.
- Wash the car and make sure there is no dirt, grease or grime that could hide cosmetic flaws.
- Empty all personal content from inside the car as the carrier is only allowed to haul the vehicle and the company will not be responsible for anything left inside the car. You may leave a spare tire and tire changing tools in the trunk.
- Take detailed photos of the car and save he photo files until delivery.
- Get copies of all paperwork including proof of insurance.
- Disarm the alarm.
- Have a spare key made to open doors and trunk and start the car so you can give it to the driver.
- Drain (drive down) the fuel to one quarter tank or lower. This allows plenty of fuel to load and unload the car but decreases weight on the load the driver hauls.
A frequently asked question that most vehicle owners ask is, “How long will it take to deliver the car once it is picked up?”
- Guaranteed Delivery Shipping Dates- If you are in a rush and need to have your vehicle delivered by a certain date, we offer full service, door to door transport that will provide guaranteed delivery shipping dates, so you have specific dates to know when the car will be picked up and delivered. For expedited delivery, you may need to pay a higher rate than someone who schedules standard shipping.
- Standard Shipping- This is an economical way to ship a car, and while it can take several days or in some cases, weeks, to ship a car with standard shipping, it is ideal for those who need to have a car delivered and have a strict budget.
*** Please note that when shipping a car with a ‘guaranteed shipping date’ that in most instances for long distance transport, the transport company or carrier driver will possibly provide you with a date range of up to 2-3 days within a specific date range for pickup or delivery. This is due to the possibility of traffic delays, accidents, foul weather or other issues that can cause delays along a route. If the driver will not be able to arrive on the first date provided, they will contact you to let you know an estimated time for pickup or delivery, so you can prepare.
Albertville Auto Transport and Towing Companies Directory
Floyd Auto Transport
Floyd Auto Transport has longevity on its side, having served the residents of Albertville for a number of years. Affordable Albertville Alabama auto transport is the focus, with an eye towards top quality transport and customer service. Licensed, bonded and insured nationwide auto shippers with great BBB accredited customer reviews. Transports automobiles, vans, trucks, SUVs, motorcycles, boats and other heavy hauling with their open and enclosed auto transport carriers.
1559 Kennamer Farm Road Albertville, AL 256-878-5151
Midwest offers local and statewide towing and auto transport services including emergency roadside assistance such as flat tire repair, jump starts and lock out services.
1499 Wagner Drive Albertville, AL 256-593-2779
A&B Wrecker Service
A&B Wrecker Service is open 24/7 and they provide fast towing and emergency wrecker services locally. They also provide minor roadside services. The company provides service for residents and businesses as well as auto dealerships and they can tow standard cars and trucks as well as heavy duty hauling services.
1499 Wagner Drive Albertville, AL 256-593-1210
Other Albertville Resources
Albertville Wikipedia Page - everything you need to know about the city of Albertville.
Albertville includes ZIP codes:
Related Information & FAQ
For more information on Albertville including local events, government agencies, utilities and more, visit the City of Albertville website.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com