Earlier this week, the 28th Annual “State of Logistics Report” was released by the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) during a press conference in Washington D.C. Since 1988, this report has been the benchmark and set the standard for recording and distributing all information and costs associated with moving freight through the U.S. supply chain. This year, the CSCMP collaborated with A.T. Kearney, a global strategic management consulting firm, to create the report which, as in prior years, was presented by Penske Logistics. Although not widely publicized considering the information only pertains to a very specific demographic, this report is highly anticipated by the target audience because it contains industry insights and statistics to help prepare for an ever-changing, dynamic marketplace.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
This year’s report has been confirmed to include, “a focused narrative on the economic environment impacting logistics; insights from interviews with industry leaders, including shippers, carriers, and analysts; a spotlight on relevant trends; and a strategic point of view on the state of the industry” according to CISION, PR Newswire. Multiple trends that directly affect all modes of freight transportation were analyzed and predictions regarding the future of trucking and logistics were made as well. Despite a surging e-commerce sector that relies heavily on supply chain and the trucking industry for low cost and efficient delivery, this is the first time since 2009 there has been a decline in the United States business logistics cost. All in all though, the future of logistics looks bright, and with the anticipation of a strong U.S. economic growth in the coming year, the need for streamlined supply chain management remains a priority at the forefront of the current infrastructure.
The full “State of Logistics Report” is currently available for purchase, or if you are already a CSCMP member, you can enjoy complimentary access to a digital copy by logging in here.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?