How To Ship Your BMW 2500.
The BMW 2500 is the first vehicle in BMW’s New Six range of full-size luxury cars, which followed the New Class. It was produced from 1968 to 1977, and came as a 4-door sedan with a 2.5L inline 6-cylinder engine producing 150 hp of power at 6000 rpm. The car used either a 4-speed manual or 3-speed automatic transmission gearbox.
When planning to ship your BMW 2500, and you need to hire an auto shipping company, here are some qualities you should do.
- Find a company that is reliable, but whose prices are not exorbitant
- Ensure that the company is licensed, insured and certified. You can ask for the evidence of these.
- You can find out what previous customers are saying about that company from sites like the Better Business Bureau.
- Get a quote from the company. It is also good to get from one or two others and compare pricing to make sure what the company is charging is within an acceptable range.
- When getting a proper estimation, certain things come to play in determining the cost of the shipment, and they include the nature of the shipping services you go for.
- Find out about the insurance you may have to pay for your vehicle; it is either part of the shipping cost, or optional as an extra cost.
- Reduce your gas tank as a way to reduce the weight of your car, which affects the shipping cost.
- If you choose door to door delivery, ensure that you are at home to receive your car at the agreed time.
- When you get your car, evaluate it for damages and compare with the initial state of the car. If there are issues, then you should contact the customer service unit if the auto transport company and raise your complaints, and follow it up from there.
What you should know.
- Open and enclosed carriers: Shipping with open carriers is less expensive; however, the cars are exposed to weather elements, dusts, or any other hazards. Enclosed carriers are more expensive, but offer protection to the car from weather factors and other hazards. It is better to use this when shipping very expensive cars.
- Terminal to terminal: Terminals are designated facilities within certain areas, where cars are dropped off to be picked by the carrier, or dropped by carrier to be picked by owner. Terminal to terminal service reduces the cost of the shipping when compared to door to door.
- Door to door: While some companies use only terminals, there are those who are able to pick cars from wherever clients have them, and also deliver them to the door steps of their owners. However, this brings additional costs.
- Domestic shipping: This has to do with moving a car within the national borders. It is usually from state to state, across the country.
- International shipping: In this case, long distance, overseas movement of vehicles is possible for companies whose coverage are that wide. Such company is able to move your car from coast to coast, across countries, wherever you want it. Shipping internationally is usually costlier and takes more time, as it involves more details and documentation, as well as customs issues.
Get free quotes now.
You can get a free shipping quote now and any other time you need it by simply filling a form online and supplying the right information about your shipping need. We are here to help you get your BMW 2500 delivered safely and on-time.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.