Best New Jersey Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
So, you have finally decided to make the big move. You are relocating for that dream job, heading away for college, or maybe you found a bigger nicer home that is just perfect for you. As it gets closer to moving day, you may find that your excitement has given way to stress and worry. All of your friends mysteriously seem to have something to do on the big day, you don’t have everything packed, and you begin to wonder how on earth you managed to get that sofa through the door in the first place.
This is a familiar scenario for a lot of us, but there is a way to ease some of this frustration. You can hire a dependable New Jersey moving company to help you.
Cost & Time Examples For Interstate Moves
|Newark to Boston||199 miles||$2,164- $2,692||$4,176- $6,019||1-2|
|Columbus to Jersey||480 miles||$2,529- $3,166||$4,950- $7,168||2-4|
|Detroit to Newark||484 miles||$2,556- $3,202||$5,012- $7,266||2-4|
|Jersey to Indianapolis||650 miles||$2,730- $3,427||$5,377- $7,806||3-5|
|Edison to Jacksonville||825 miles||$2,997- $3,776||$5,948- $8,658||3-5|
|Newark to Memphis||950 miles||$3,158- $3,987||$6,298- $9,186||3-5|
|Dallas to Edison||1361 miles||$3,625- $4,594||$7,292- $10,666||4-6|
|Denver to Newark||1620 miles||$3,962- $5,032||$8,012- $11,746||5-7|
|Seattle to Edison||2391 miles||$4,726- $6,028||$9,647- $14,188||6-8|
|Edison to San Diego||2413 miles||$4,852- $6,193||$9,920- $14,598||7-9|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the contents of the home. Prices do not include packing.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Cheap Movers Near Me
Looking for cheap long distance movers near you in New Jersey? If you’re pricing out potential moving companies, we are glad you’ve found us here online. We are a transport company that has offices all over the country to help people get from one place to the next. We even have partners in other parts of the world if your move is taking you overseas. One of the hardest things about hiring a moving company is to know who to choose. We suggest you do as much homework as possible and ask as many questions as you can so you ultimately end up with the right fit.
At A1 Auto Transport, we work relentlessly to satisfy our customers by offering them a vast network of moving professionals. Our goal is to get you loaded up and to your destination as quickly as possible and at the most affordable price. We welcome all of your questions about your move, no matter how close or far away, and look forward to filling you in on our process. Head to A1 Auto Transport to compare long distance movers with trucks in your area right now.
Choosing Your New Jersey Long Distance Movers
Be sure you know what kind of company you are doing business with. Don’t just pick the first mover listed in the yellow pages. Look at these things to help you find a trustworthy company that will take care of you and your belongings.
- How long has the company been in business: Working with a moving company requires a lot of trust. You will want to make sure the one you choose is trustworthy and has an established history.
- In the event of damage, how much their insurance cover: The law only requires moving companies to insure $0.60 per pound. Some companies will offer more coverage than this. You should ask questions to make sure your belongings will be covered if something happens.
- Reviews and testimonials: You will want to make sure that any company you do business with has a history of excellence. Look to sites like Yelp or Google reviews to help you determine how dependable the company is and how they will handle any issues.
- Department of Transportation registration: All movers who operate between different states must be registered with the Federal government and have a U.S. DOT number. Make sure if you are moving out of state that the company you choose is in compliance of these laws.
- Extra services: Most moving companies will offer various additional services to make your move easier. Check and see which ones are available and how much extra they will cost to take advantage of.
Our Moving Services
- Full service packing and unpacking, including packing materials
- Door to door relocation
- Commercial and office relocations
- Residential apartment and house moving
- Military relocations
- State to state, coast to coast, local and long distance moving
- Heavy and specialized furniture moving. Piano moving, pool table moving, etc.
- Auto transport services
- Cheap New Jersey movers
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How Much Will It Cost To Hire My New Jersey Long Distance Movers?
Many things can affect the total price you will pay to hire a moving company. Everything from the distance, weight, and time of year can change the final cost, so it is best to call for a quote. Most companies will offer you a free estimate.
Before Signing a Moving Company’s Contract
- All services and their accompanying costs should be listed clearly on your agreement.
- Ensure that the addresses that are listed for both the house you are moving to and the one you are moving from are correct.
- Check the policy on damages. Will they cover the required $0.60 per pound or do they cover more?
- Any valuables such as jewelry should be kept with you.
- Ask for a copy of the mover’s inventory sheet. Note the condition of your items that they have listed on it. Door to door moving
- Some homeowner’s insurance policies cover items damaged during a move. You should check with you agent to see if yours does.
International Moving Services in New Jersey
Moving all of your belongings from one country to another can be easily done with proper help. Professional shippers can assist if you request their services.
If you're thinking of just shoving everything into a van randomly, you might end up with many broken objects. Each item should be categorized, organized, and carefully packed. Each box must be labeled, so our team will know what to pick up, how, and in what order.
If you find all of this confusing, we can help with this part of the move too. We can even provide packing materials.
When we deliver your belongings, we won't just leave them in the street. You can pick the spots where we place your furniture, but you should know the locations beforehand since we’ll only help you once.
New Jersey Cross Country Movers for Hire
All Jersey Moving & Storage
240 N Randolphville Rd.
Piscataway Township, NJ 08854
Reliable Van and Storage Company
550 Division St.
Elizabeth, NJ 07201
Booth Movers Ltd.
1 Anderson Ave.
Moonachie, NJ 07074
New Jersey Storage Facility Directory
Access Self Storage
135 Amboy Ave.
Woodridge, NJ 07095
390 S Van Brunt St.
Englewood, NJ 07631
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org