Best New Jersey Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
So, you have finally decided to make the big move. You are relocating for that dream job, heading away for college, or maybe you found a bigger nicer home that is just perfect for you. As it gets closer to moving day, you may find that your excitement has given way to stress and worry. All of your friends mysteriously seem to have something to do on the big day, you don’t have everything packed, and you begin to wonder how on earth you managed to get that sofa through the door in the first place. This is a familiar scenario for a lot of us, but there is a way to ease some of this frustration. You can hire a dependable New Jersey moving company to help you.
Choosing Your New Jersey Long Distance Movers
Be sure you know what kind of company you are doing business with. Don’t just pick the first mover listed in the yellow pages. Look at these things to help you find a trustworthy company that will take care of you and your belongings.
- How long has the company been in business: Working with a moving company requires a lot of trust. You will want to make sure the one you choose is trustworthy and has an established history.
- In the event of damage, how much their insurance cover: The law only requires moving companies to insure $0.60 per pound. Some companies will offer more coverage than this. You should ask questions to make sure your belongings will be covered if something happens.
- Reviews and testimonials: You will want to make sure that any company you do business with has a history of excellence. Look to sites like Yelp or Google reviews to help you determine how dependable the company is and how they will handle any issues.
- Department of Transportation registration: All movers who operate between different states must be registered with the Federal government and have a U.S. DOT number. Make sure if you are moving out of state that the company you choose is in compliance of these laws.
- Extra services: Most moving companies will offer various additional services to make your move easier. Check and see which ones are available and how much extra they will cost to take advantage of.
Our Moving Services
- Full service packing and unpacking, including packing materials
- Door to door relocation
- Commercial and office relocations
- Residential apartment and house moving
- Military relocations
- State to state, coast to coast, local and long distance moving
- Heavy and specialized furniture moving. Piano moving, pool table moving, etc.
- Auto transport services
- Cheap New Jersey movers
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How Much Will It Cost To Hire My New Jersey Long Distance Movers?
Many things can affect the total price you will pay to hire a moving company. Everything from the distance, weight, and time of year can change the final cost, so it is best to call for a quote. Most companies will offer you a free estimate.
Before Signing a Moving Company’s Contract
- All services and their accompanying costs should be listed clearly on your agreement.
- Ensure that the addresses that are listed for both the house you are moving to and the one you are moving from are correct.
- Check the policy on damages. Will they cover the required $0.60 per pound or do they cover more?
- Any valuables such as jewelry should be kept with you.
- Ask for a copy of the mover’s inventory sheet. Note the condition of your items that they have listed on it. Door to door moving
- Some homeowner’s insurance policies cover items damaged during a move. You should check with you agent to see if yours does.
New Jersey Cross Country Movers for Hire
240 N Randolphville Rd.
Piscataway Township, NJ 08854
550 Division St.
Elizabeth, NJ 07201
1 Anderson Ave.
Moonachie, NJ 07074
New Jersey Storage Facility Directory
135 Amboy Ave.
Woodridge, NJ 07095
390 S Van Brunt St.
Englewood, NJ 07631