What is the Long Distance Movers near Me?
Whenever you have a long distance move in your future, it’s best to call upon the help of professional movers. Although many assume that hiring a mover is more expensive than conducting the relocation on their own, this couldn’t be farther from the truth. Moving services are usually very affordable and cost effective.
You must be very cautious and careful about whom you hire to move your property. Make sure you do your research and choose a company with all the right qualities.
- Make sure you choose a company with proven experience in the industry. A newly established long distance mover may offer lower prices, but a company who has been around for a while is better prepared to safely conduct a move. This also offers reassurance that the movers won’t lose your belongings or rip you off in any way.
- Use sites like Yelp or Google to find reviews and ratings on the moving company. Be sure to pay special attention to any reviews by past customers who may have had some issues. These reviews and testimonials will provide you with invaluable insight.
- The law only requires moving companies to insure $0.60 per pound of your belongings. Some movers may offer even more insurance coverage. Always inquire about the mover’s insurance policy and try to get the ultimate amount of coverage for your long distance move.
- Interstate movers must be registered with the Federal government and have a U.S. DOT number. Long distance movers are required to have this proof.
- Different moving services, like full service packing, unpacking, auto transport, etc., are all wonderful services to take advantage of if your budget allows. There are additional charges for these services but they are kept low and reasonable.
Long Distance Moving Options
- Full service packing and unpacking using high quality packaging materials
- Door to door moving
- Commercial and office relocations
- Residential apartment, condominium and house moving services
- Military relocation
- Student moves from campus to campus
- Heavy and specialized furniture moving including piano moving, pool table moving, etc.
- Auto transport services
- International relocations
Never hesitate to get the services you desire. A lot of movers will bundle the costs even though they already offer low rates. It also helps remove any stress and worry involved with the relocation, putting more responsibility on the movers than yourself and your family.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com