Best Virginia Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
There is not much else in life that is more frustrating that moving. There is a ton of work to do, and somehow the furniture is always heavier than it looks. The boxes that have breakable items, like dishes, always seem to be extra slippery. Couches have a way of growing so that they don’t fit through the doorways that they came in through. It should be fun to move to a bigger and better place, but the stress can suck all the joy out of it. If you want to avoid all this stress and headache, you could always hire a Virginia moving company to do it for you.
Cost & Time Examples For Interstate Moves
|Arlington to NY||218 miles||$2,262- $2,820||$4,394- $6,350||2-4|
|Norfolk to Columbus||429 miles||$2,372- $2,960||$4,598- $6,626||2-4|
|Jacksonville to Norfolk||559 miles||$2,570- $3,216||$5,017- $7,252||2-4|
|Orlando to Norfolk||655 miles||$2,709- $3,398||$5,316- $7,699||3-5|
|Arlington to Memphis||763 miles||$2,895- $3,642||$5,724- $8,317||3-5|
|Illinois to Virginia||829 miles||$2,945- $3,706||$5,826- $8,468||3-5|
|Norfolk to Dallas||1208 miles||$3,428- $4,334||$6,852- $9,995||4-6|
|Denver to Arlington||1489 miles||$3,684- $4,670||$7,408- $10,832||4-6|
|Norfolk to Las Vegas||2155 miles||$4,394- $5,593||$8,916- $13,075||6-8|
|LA to Virginia||2392 miles||$4,647- $5,924||$9,463- $13,899||6-8|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the contents of the home. Prices do not include packing.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Cheap Movers Near Me
Looking for cheap long distance movers near you in Virginia? Once you know you’re going to move, your best course of action is to plan as far in advance as possible. This will not only help you secure your ideal date and time for your move, but it will give you time to plan for the move financially. Moving can cost you a lot of money, but planning will help you stay focused and on budget. At A1 Auto Transport, we try to offer the most competitive prices and get your items to you as quickly as possible. In most cases, we can move you from one coast to another in just two weeks. Some commercial movers can take up to a month do the same kind of move and cost you thousands of dollars more.
If you feel we can help you with your specific move, we encourage you to connect with our professional moving specialists and learn more about our process. We know how stressful a move can be, and we hope to alleviate some of that stress by taking care of your heavy lifting. Gather your questions and let us know more about your move by calling or connecting with us online. Head to A1 Auto Transport to compare long distance movers with trucks in your area right now.
Choosing Your Virginia Long Distance Movers
There are a lot of moving companies out there, and you want to make sure they are going to be conscientious and trustworthy. Do a little research before you make a decision so you can guarantee all your belongings will make it to your new home in one piece.
- Read reviews and testimonials: Always look at the company's reputation. You will want to know how any problems have been handled. Websites like Yelp and Google reviews can be a valuable tool to help
- Experience: A company that has been in the moving business for many years is going to be reputable.
- Department of Transportation registration: Interstate movers must be registered with the Federal government and have a U.S. DOT number.
- What kind of insurance does the company provide: Some movers will insure your belongings for the full replacement value or the depreciated value, however, the law requires moving companies to insure only $0.60 per pound. You find out what kind of coverage your company offers.
- Additional services: You may want more than just the basic moving package. You should look into the additional costs associated with the services you want. They can vary greatly between companies.
- Availability: Can you get a hold of the movers in the event of an emergency? It is important to know before moving day.
Our Moving Services
- Commercial and office relocations
- Residential apartment and house moving
- Military relocations
- Door to door moving
- Full service packing and unpacking, including packing materials
- State to state, coast to coast, local and long distance moving
- Heavy and specialized furniture moving. Piano moving, pool table moving, etc.
- Auto transport services (Vehicle Relocations)
- Cheap Virginia movers
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How Much Will It Cost To Hire My Virginia Long Distance Movers?
Moving company costs can vary depending on your unique needs and situation. Some things that can affect the cost of a moving service are fuel costs, weight of your possessions and furniture, and what kinds of additional services you have requested. You should contact a few different companies for a quote. Most will give you a free estimate to help you comparison shop. Price isn’t the only concern you should have, but it can be an important factor in your decision.
Before Signing with a Moving Company from Virginia
- Make sure all of your contact information is correct. If there is a problem, you will want the company to get ahold of you quickly. Also ensure that the moving address is correct.
- Does the company cover replacement costs or only the minimum $0.60 per pound they are required to cover. Accidents happen, and it helps to know how much protection you have if they do.
- Any services you are using, and their associated costs should be noted on the contract.
Things to Remember
- Don’t stack all boxes together in one area. Leave them in their individual rooms for the movers to pick up on moving day.
- Keep your jewelry and other valuable belongings with you.
- Request a copy of the mover’s inventory list for your records.
- Check your homeowner’s insurance policy. It may cover items damaged during a move as well.
International Moving Services in Virginia
Without assistance, it may be difficult to safely transport your property to another nation. Due to the long journey, your belongings will be put under a lot of strain. They'll be shaken regularly, so without proper packing, something can easily break.
Getting past customs can also be a hassle. If you'd like to avoid spending weeks on the road, scrambling for paperwork, and dealing with whatever comes up on the road, you can ask professionals movers to handle it.
Our company has competitive prices, discounts, and experienced movers that will make your project much simpler. All you need to do is call and set up a date. We'll take care of everything else.
Virginia Cross Country Movers for Hire
107 S West St. #511
Alexandria, VA 22314
Northern Virginia Movers/Magic Movers LLC
13684 Water Springs Ct.
Centreville, VA 20121
NOVA EXPRESS MOVERS
3137 Draper Dr.
Fairfax, VA 22031
Mighty Men Moving Inc.
2724 Dorr Ave. #58g
Fairfax, VA 22031
Virginia Storage Facility Directory
Backlick Self Storage
6880 Commercial Dr.
Srpingfield, VA 22151
Jack Rabbit Self Storage
4664 N Witchduck Rd.
Virginia Beach, VA 23455
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.