Best Virginia Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
There is not much else in life that is more frustrating that moving. There is a ton of work to do, and somehow the furniture is always heavier than it looks. The boxes that have breakable items, like dishes, always seem to be extra slippery. Couches have a way of growing so that they don’t fit through the doorways that they came in through. It should be fun to move to a bigger and better place, but the stress can suck all the joy out of it. If you want to avoid all this stress and headache, you could always hire a Virginia moving company to do it for you.
Choosing Your Virginia Long Distance Movers
There are a lot of moving companies out there, and you want to make sure they are going to be conscientious and trustworthy. Do a little research before you make a decision so you can guarantee all your belongings will make it to your new home in one piece.
- Read reviews and testimonials: Always look at the company’s reputation. You will want to know how any problems have been handled. Websites like Yelp and Google reviews can be a valuable tool to help
- Experience: A company that has been in the moving business for many years is going to be reputable.
- Department of Transportation registration: Interstate movers must be registered with the Federal government and have a U.S. DOT number.
- What kind of insurance does the company provide: Some movers will insure your belongings for the full replacement value or the depreciated value, however, the law requires moving companies to insure only $0.60 per pound. You find out what kind of coverage your company offers.
- Additional services: You may want more than just the basic moving package. You should look into the additional costs associated with the services you want. They can vary greatly between companies.
- Availability: Can you get a hold of the movers in the event of an emergency? It is important to know before moving day.
Our Moving Services
- Commercial and office relocations
- Residential apartment and house moving
- Military relocations
- Door to door moving
- Full service packing and unpacking, including packing materials
- State to state, coast to coast, local and long distance moving
- Heavy and specialized furniture moving. Piano moving, pool table moving, etc.
- Auto transport services (Vehicle Relocations)
- Cheap Virginia movers
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How Much Will It Cost To Hire My Virginia Long Distance Movers?
Moving company costs can vary depending on your unique needs and situation. Some things that can affect the cost of a moving service are fuel costs, weight of your possessions and furniture, and what kinds of additional services you have requested. You should contact a few different companies for a quote. Most will give you a free estimate to help you comparison shop. Price isn’t the only concern you should have, but it can be an important factor in your decision.
Before Signing with a Moving Company from Virginia
- Make sure all of your contact information is correct. If there is a problem, you will want the company to get ahold of you quickly. Also ensure that the moving address is correct.
- Does the company cover replacement costs or only the minimum $0.60 per pound they are required to cover. Accidents happen, and it helps to know how much protection you have if they do.
- Any services you are using, and their associated costs should be noted on the contract.
Things to Remember
- Don’t stack all boxes together in one area. Leave them in their individual rooms for the movers to pick up on moving day.
- Keep your jewelry and other valuable belongings with you.
- Request a copy of the mover’s inventory list for your records.
- Check your homeowner’s insurance policy. It may cover items damaged during a move as well.
Virginia Cross Country Movers for Hire
107 S West St. #511
Alexandria, VA 22314
13684 Water Springs Ct.
Centreville, VA 20121
3137 Draper Dr.
Fairfax, VA 22031
2724 Dorr Ave. #58g
Fairfax, VA 22031
Virginia Storage Facility Directory
6880 Commercial Dr.
Srpingfield, VA 22151
4664 N Witchduck Rd.
Virginia Beach, VA 23455