Best North Carolina Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
We have all had that traumatic moving experience where everything that can go wrong does, and it ends up costing you more than you planned, takes longer than you wanted, and leaves you licking your wounds. It doesn't matter whether you move down the street, the next state over, or across the country, trying to do a move by yourself is always a major pain.
Renting a moving van can be costly, especially when you figure the cost of fuel into your expenses. Delays can cost you extra rent, and damaged walls and floors that happen while you try to get the furniture out of the house can end up losing you a security deposit. Trying to save money by doing the work yourself can sometimes end up costing you even more. Consider hiring a moving company out of North Carolina to deal with the difficult work of getting all of your things to their new home without destroying anything, and it may actually end up being the better option.
Cost & Time Examples For Interstate Moves
|Atlanta to Charlotte||243 miles||$2,116- $2,627||$4,054- $5,817||2-4|
|New York to Raleigh||438 miles||$2,518- $3,154||$4,937- $7,160||2-4|
|Charlotte to Indianapolis||509 miles||$2,536- $3,173||$4,952- $7,161||2-4|
|Raleigh to Chicago||658 miles||$2,757- $3,462||$5,428- $7,875||3-5|
|Raleigh to Miami||711 miles||$2,802- $3,519||$5,520- $8,007||3-5|
|Austin to Raleigh||1180 miles||$3,327- $4,204||$6,640- $9,680||4-6|
|Raleigh to Denver||1460 miles||$3,669- $4,650||$7,374- $10,778||4-6|
|Phoenix to Charlotte||1797 miles||$3,971- $5,042||$8,014- $11,730||5-7|
|Durham to San Diego||2184 miles||$4,452- $5,670||$9,050- $13,286||6-8|
|Seattle to Charlotte||2292 miles||$4,536- $5,779||$9,226- $13,544||6-8|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the contents of the home. Prices do not include packing.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Cheap Movers Near Me
Looking for cheap long distance movers near you in North Carolina? If you are making the 2,240 mile move to Boise, Idaho from Asheville, we know just how daunting that mileage sounds. How nice would it be to simply have someone load the truck of your belongings, watch them drive away, and then hop a flight to meet them once they arrive? Well, it’s not a dream, it’s a reality and A1 Auto Transport can make it happen.
We know hiring professional movers might not sound feasible, but we specialize in helping our clients move from one place to the next as quickly and affordably as possible. We have teams located in every state, waiting to turn your tedious moving tasks into a piece of cake. We carry all the appropriate insurance, track records, and industry requirements to move our clients’ items across the country, or even the ocean if need be. We will manage every aspect of your move, so you feel confident about your moving team so you can actually look forward to your new adventure. Head to A1 Auto Transport to compare long distance movers with trucks in your area right now.
Choosing Your North Carolina Long Distance Movers
It is incredibly important to thoroughly research any company you want to work with, especially if you are trusting them with all of your worldly possessions. Use these tips to help you find a professional company that will take care of you and your belongings and not disappear into the night, never to be heard of again.
- Read reviews and testimonials: Always look at the company's reputation. You will want to know how any problems have been handled. Websites like Yelp and Google reviews can be a valuable tool to help
- Experience: A company that has been in the moving business for many years is going to be reputable.
- Department of Transportation registration: Interstate movers must be registered with the Federal government and have a U.S. DOT number.
- What kind of insurance does the company provide: Some movers will insure your belongings for the full replacement value or the depreciated value, however, the law requires moving companies to insure only $0.60 per pound. You find out what kind of coverage your company offers.
- Additional services: You may want more than just the basic moving package. You should look into the additional costs associated with the services you want. They can vary greatly between companies.
- Availability: Can you get a hold of the movers in the event of an emergency? It is important to know before moving day.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Moving Services
- Commercial and office relocations
- Residential apartment and house moving
- Military relocations
- Door to door delivery
- Student moves
- Satellite Tracking
- Full service packing and unpacking, including packing materials
- State to state, coast to coast, local and long distance moving
- Heavy and specialized furniture moving. Piano moving, pool table moving, etc.
- Auto transport services
- Cheap North Carolina movers
How Much Will It Cost To Hire My North Carolina Long Distance Movers?
A lot of thing go into the final cost of hiring a moving company, including the distance and amount of things you are moving, the cost of fuel, and any additional services you require. Many companies will offer an online cost calculator, but it is often more accurate to call them. Most companies will give you a free estimate.
Signing an Agreement…
- Any services you have requested should be listed clearly on the agreement with their accompanying costs.
- Ensure all addresses and phone numbers are correct.
- Find out how much insurance coverage your company is providing. Are they insuring the full amount of your belongings, or is it just the minimum required by law.
Tips & Advice
- Transport valuable items like jewelry yourself.
- Most moving companies keep an inventory sheet. Ask for a copy for your records.
- Your homeowner’s insurance may cover any damages. You should speak with an agent before moving day to find out.
International Moving Services in North Carolina
Some people request movers to take care of everything, from the move itself to the heavy lifting, from packing to unloading. Our staff can do it all, but the price will inevitably be a bit higher the more services you request. Nonetheless, if you cannot do the heavy lifting or are very busy, it's very helpful to let a company do it for you.
We can also provide every tool needed for the move. The truck is a given, but you might need a container to pass an ocean if you're going to another continent. You'll also need lots of packing materials. The better everything is organized, the better it will resist shaking caused by potholes or waves.
North Carolina Cross Country Movers for Hire
Movin’ On Movers
Little Guys Movers Raleigh
1301 Capital Blvd.
Raleigh, NC 27603
Easy Movers Inc.
11021 Downs Rd. C
Pineville, NC 28134
North Carolina Storage Facility Directory
A-1 Personal Storage
10104 Durant Rd.
Raleigh, NC 27614
Security Self Storage
3628 Tryon Rd.
Raleigh, NC 27606