Best New York Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
Moving day has arrived. You decided to upgrade to that new dream home, but now you are up to your ears in work. You got everything packed away, and the boxes have been labeled, but now you have to do the hard work of actually loading it into the moving van. Between the dropped box of dishes, the television console that won’t fit through the door, and the headboard you managed to get wedged in the stairwell, it can make you want to pull your hair out. If this sounds like your last move, you can be forgiven for looking for a different way. Hiring a moving company out of New York to help you can reduce you stress and let you actually enjoy the excitement of starting a new life.
Choosing Your New York Long Distance Movers
Choosing a moving company can seem difficult, but it doesn’t have to be. You just need to keep a few things in mind so you end up working with a company that is going to make your move easy and not cause more headaches.
- The company’s reputation: You don’t want to hire some fly by night operation that isn’t going to take care of your things, or worse, disappear into the night with them, never to be heard from again. Check online at sites like Yelp and see what kind of reputation they have. Pay special attention to how problems were resolved.
- Years in business: How long has this company been in the moving business? Don’t hire a couple of guys who bought a used van and call themselves a moving company. Make sure you are working with experienced professionals.
- DOT Registration: Interstate movers must be registered with the Federal government and have a U.S. DOT number. Make sure your company can legally operate across state lines if that is where you need to move.
- Insurance and liability: The law only requires the company to insure your belongings for $0.60 per pound. Some companies will offer more coverage up to the replacement cost of the items. Find out what your company offers.
- Additional services: You can get a whole host of optional services to help you with your move, including packing and unpacking, or automobile transport. Check what services the company offers, and how much extra they cost.
- Ease of contact: Ensure that you will be able to reach the company in the event of an emergency. Going with a company that has a local office can help.
Our Moving Services
- Commercial and office relocations
- Residential apartment and house moving
- Military relocations
- Student relocations
- Satellite Tracking
- High priority services including expedited and guaranteed shipping
- Door to door moving
- Full service packing and unpacking, including packing materials
- State to state, coast to coast, local and long distance moving
- Heavy and specialized furniture moving. Piano moving, pool table moving, etc.
- Auto transport services
- Cheap New York movers
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How Much Will It Cost To Hire My New Jersey Long Distance Movers?
The cost of hiring a professional moving service can vary pretty greatly depending on your particular circumstances. The best way to get an idea of just how much it will cost you is to call a few different companies and get a quote. Most companies will offer a free estimate.
Before Signing Documentation from the Mover
- Check and double check all addresses and phone numbers. You wouldn’t want to have your belongings delivered to the wrong address because you didn’t check.
- Look at the liability and insurance policy concerning lost or damaged items. Make sure it is listed clearly.
- All costs and additional service charges should be clearly spelled out on the contract.
Things to Do for Moving Day
- It is always a good idea to transport valuable items yourself rather than leave it up to the movers.
- The company should keep a list of inventory that gets loaded onto the truck. Ask for a copy for your records.
- Your homeowner’s insurance policy may cover any damages. Check before moving day.
Related Information & FAQ
New York Cross Country Movers for Hire
New York, NY
845 3rd Ave. 6 FL
New York, NY 10022
27 Bruckner Blvd.
Bronx, NY 10454
New York Storage Facility Directory
108-110 W 107th St.
New York, NY 10025
501 10th Ave.
New York, NY 10018