- Professional Moving Services New York Long Distance Movers
- Best New York Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
- Cost & Time Examples For Interstate Moves
- Out Of State Movers Near Me
- Cheap Movers Near Me
- Choosing Your New York Long Distance Movers
- Our Moving Services
- How Much Will It Cost To Hire My New Jersey Long Distance Movers?
- Before Signing Documentation From The Mover
- Things To Do For Moving Day
- Advantages Of Choosing A-1 Auto Transport For Your New York Moving Services
- Flexible Services
- Affordable Rates
- Professional Team
- High Quality Packing Materials
- Dedicated Customer Service
- International Moving Services In New York
- Tips On How To Find Affordable Long Distance Moving Company For Your New York Move
- New York Cross Country Movers For Hire
- New York Storage Facility Directory
- Related Information & Faq
Professional Moving Services: New York Long Distance Movers
Moving to a new place can be a stressful experience, especially if you're moving to a bustling city like New York. Trying to navigate the congested roads of Manhattan and Brooklyn with your own vehicle or rental truck can quickly become overwhelming. That's where A-1 Auto Transport comes in! With decades of experience handling moves in New York City and the surrounding areas, we can make your move a breeze.
Our professional movers are equipped with all of the necessary tools and equipment to handle any size move in New York City. We offer packing services, furniture disassembly/reassembly, short-term storage solutions, and more! Best of all, we have competitive rates to fit any budget.
Don't let the stress of moving to New York City get you down. Contact A-1 Auto Transport and let us take care of your move for you! We can make sure that all of your belongings arrive safely and quickly, so you can focus on enjoying your new home in the Big Apple! Get in touch today for a free quote. We look forward to helping you with your move!
Best New York Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
Moving day has arrived. You decided to upgrade to that new dream home, but now you are up to your ears in work. You got everything packed away, and the boxes have been labeled, but now you have to do the hard work of actually loading it into the moving van.
Between the dropped box of dishes, the television console that won’t fit through the door, and the headboard you managed to get wedged in the stairwell, it can make you want to pull your hair out. If this sounds like your last move, you can be forgiven for looking for a different way.
Hiring a moving company out of New York to help you can reduce you stress and let you actually enjoy the excitement of starting a new life.
Cost & Time Examples For Interstate Moves
|Buffalo to Philadelphia||283 miles||$2,213- $2,753||$4,266- $6,138||2-4|
|Asheville to New York||305 miles||$2,229- $2,772||$4,290- $6,165||2-4|
|New York to Columbus||488 miles||$2,574- $3,226||$5,055- $7,334||2-4|
|Memphis to New York||508 miles||$2,530- $3,166||$4,939- $7,140||2-4|
|Atlanta to Queens||765 miles||$2,988- $3,766||$5,940- $8,656||3-5|
|Miami to Queens||1102 miles||$3,456- $4,376||$6,942- $10,154||4-6|
|Queens to Dallas||1395 miles||$3,670- $4,654||$9,214- $11,924||4-6|
|Denver to Brooklyn||1638 miles||$4,006- $5,092||$8,118- $11,910||5-7|
|Las Vegas to New York||2242 miles||$4,636- $5,913||$9,460- $13,912||6-8|
|New York to LA||2474 miles||$4,889- $6,243||$10,007- $14,736||7-9|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the contents of the home. Prices do not include packing.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Out of State Movers Near Me
Cheap Movers Near Me
Looking for cheap long distance movers near you in New York? If you’re one of the many people who are moving out of the state of New York, we are ready to assist you and get you to your new address. This is an exciting time, but it’s not always an exciting process getting to the next chapter of your life. This one, in particular, is going to require some heavy lifting and major planning.
At A1 Auto Transport we can move just about anything. If you have a classic car, we can move it. If you’re carrying inventory for your at-home business, no problem, we have you covered. If you need someone to move your 5-bedroom home and second or third car, and potentially a small boat, we do that as well. We move people all over the U.S. and abroad, and we can move your items safely and securely.
Connect with us today to learn more about your specific situation. Head to A1 Auto Transport to compare long distance movers with trucks in your area right now.
Choosing Your New York Long Distance Movers
Choosing a moving company can seem difficult in the midst of interstate and local moving companies around, but it doesn’t have to be. You just need to keep a few things in mind so you end up working with a company that is going to make your move easy with fair pricing and not cause more headaches.
- The company’s reputation: You don’t want to hire some fly by night operation that isn’t going to take care of your things, or worse, disappear into the night with them, never to be heard from again. Check online at sites like Yelp and see what kind of reputation they have. Pay special attention to how problems were resolved.
- Years in business: How long has this company been in the moving business? Don’t hire a couple of guys or local movers who bought a used van and call themselves a moving company. Make sure you are working with experienced professionals.
- DOT Registration: Interstate movers must be registered with the Federal government and have a U.S. DOT number. Make sure your company can legally operate across state lines if that is where you need to move.
- Insurance and liability: The law only requires the company to insure your belongings for $0.60 per pound. Some companies will offer more coverage up to the replacement cost of the items. Find out what your company offers.
- Additional services: You can get a whole host of optional services to help you with your move, including packing and unpacking, or automobile transport. Check what services the company offers, and how much extra they cost.
- Ease of contact: Ensure that you will be able to reach the company in the event of an emergency. Going with a company that has a local office can help.
Our Moving Services
- Commercial and office relocations
- Residential apartment and house moving
- Military relocations
- Student relocations
- Satellite Tracking
- High priority services including expedited and guaranteed shipping
- Door to door moving
- Full service packing and unpacking, including packing materials
- State to state, coast to coast, local and long distance moving
- Heavy and specialized furniture moving. Piano moving, pool table moving, etc.
- Auto transport services
- Cheap New York movers
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How Much Will It Cost To Hire My New Jersey Long Distance Movers?
The cost of hiring a professional moving service can vary pretty greatly depending on your particular circumstances. The best way to get an idea of just how much it will cost you is to call a few different companies and get a quote. Most companies will offer a free estimate.
Before Signing Documentation from the Mover
- Check and double check all addresses and phone numbers. You wouldn’t want to have your belongings delivered to the wrong address because you didn’t check.
- Look at the liability and insurance policy concerning lost or damaged items. Make sure it is listed clearly.
- All costs and additional service charges should be clearly spelled out on the contract.
Things to Do for Moving Day
- It is always a good idea to transport valuable items yourself rather than leave it up to the movers.
- The company should keep a list of inventory that gets loaded onto the truck. Ask for a copy for your records.
- Your homeowner’s insurance policy may cover any damages. Check before moving day.
Advantages of Choosing A-1 Auto Transport for Your New York Moving Services
Moving can be stressful. It's understandable that you want the best moving services possible when making the transition to a new home. A-1 Auto Transport is one of the top-rated New York moving companies, offering comprehensive and cost-efficient solutions for all your relocation needs. Here are five advantages of choosing A-1 Auto Transport for your upcoming move:
A-1 Auto Transport offers a wide range of options to suit any budget and moving needs, from local moves within New York or cross-country relocation services to long distance moves. We provide short-term storage solutions and can even help you with packing and unpacking.
Our rates are extremely competitive and offer great value for money. As best movers, we also provide free moving quotes so you can be sure that the price quoted is fair and accurate.
All of our movers and packers have been highly trained and certified to ensure your possessions are handled with care during transport. Our experienced team will work with you to determine your needs and provide the best solution for a hassle-free long distance move.
High quality packing materials
We use only the highest quality packing materials, including moving boxes, bubble wrap, tape, and other specialized protective products. This helps ensure that your belongings are safe and secure during transport to your new home.
Dedicated customer service
A-1 Auto Transport is dedicated to providing outstanding customer service. Our team will be available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have and ensure that your cross country move goes as smoothly as possible. We also provide online tracking so you can keep an eye on the progress of your relocation.
No matter what type of move you are making, A-1 Auto Transport has the perfect solution to meet your needs. Contact us today to see how we can help with your upcoming New York relocation!
International Moving Services in New York
For every trip that’s far away from home you'll need to bring some items with you. However, when everything must be taken along because the move is permanent, you may require our help.
If you're worried about overspending on moving services, there are ways to reduce the fee. For example, you can pack everything yourself, or you can search for a cheaper quote, for discounts, etc.
Especially if you're moving abroad, you will need assistance. We will ensure your items pass the border safely and no unwanted events take place during the project.
Tips on How to Find Affordable Long Distance Moving Company For Your New York Move
Moving to New York can be a great adventure, especially if you take the time to research and plan for a stress-free move. With all the different movers in NYC, it may be difficult to find an affordable yet reliable long distance moving company for your move. Here are 6 tips on how to find the best professional mover that fits your budget:
- Research and ask for referrals. Ask around family, friends, colleagues and neighbors who they used when moving long distance to NYC. Many NYC moving companies even offer referral programs so you can get discounts when you refer someone. You can also research online reviews and compare different companies to narrow down the best options for your move.
- Compare different companies and their services. Not all movers offer the same services so you should compare various long distance moving companies for the best rate and coverage based on your needs. Read through each company’s contract to make sure they provide the right coverage and protection for your belongings during the entire moving process.
- Hire movers who are licensed and insured. Make sure to hire a reputable mover that is licensed and insured for safety and security of your belongings. Research the company’s credentials to make sure it meets any state or federal regulations in NYC.
- Ask about hidden fees. Be aware of any hidden fees with long distance moves. Ask the movers up front what additional services they charge for, such as packing or unpacking, and make sure to read through their contract carefully.
- Get an in-home estimate. The best way to get a true estimate of the cost of your move is to have an in-home consultation with the professional movers. This will give you a better understanding of what to expect and will also help save money in the long run by avoiding surprise charges.
- Get it in writing. Make sure to get everything in writing, including their estimates, services they are offering, delivery dates and any other details related to your move.
New York Cross Country Movers for Hire
Oz Moving & Storage
New York, NY
845 3rd Ave. 6 FL
New York, NY 10022
27 Bruckner Blvd.
Bronx, NY 10454
New York Storage Facility Directory
Manhattan Mini Storage
108-110 W 107th St.
New York, NY 10025
Gotham Mini Storage
501 10th Ave.
New York, NY 10018
Related Information & FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
Predicting the cost of moving household goods can be challenging in any state because costs fluctuate over time and by location. Customers would pay a fixed rate or per mile if we were to utilise conventional charges, nevertheless.
The per-mile factor, which determines how much you will be charged for the distance the car drives, can be affected by changes in fuel prices. For shorter distances, some businesses do charge by the hour.
Despite the fact that the national average is between $800 and $2500, it isn't easy to pin down a precise figure because of how frequently it may alter depending on numerous factors.
According to most estimates, shipping a typical consignment in New York costs between $20 and $60 per worker, though the number increases with the number of items you have. Longer distances tend to have flat rates in New York.
A move from Las Vegas to New York for a 2-bedroom home takes up to $6,000, while the price will go up to $15,000 for a 4-bedroom house.
When analysing cargo pricing, all shipping companies must take into account the same variables. Your pick-up and drop-off sites' separation is the first and most important factor. The further the trip, regardless of whether your business charges by the mile, the hour, or a fixed rate, the more you'll spend.
Considering the impact of weather and traffic factors, the fuel the truck will need while driving is another crucial factor. Additionally, weight is important because it's difficult to make generalisations about home goods.
The cost of moving is influenced by the weight of a two or three-bedroom house, which weighs about 7,500 pounds. The amount of stuff you keep in your home will affect this number.
Since the busiest times present more logistical challenges, the price also rises. Most professionals will recommend you look into your company at least three weeks before your move, so you have time to prepare properly.
When selecting a moving company for your things, working with a sizable company that handles international shipments might be your top priority. Though, bigger isn't always better, especially when it comes to household items.
Consider the scenario when you must move your belongings within New York. Choosing a local moving company is the best course of action. Even if your items are coming from a more distant state, try to find a business that has a local presence there or has experience delivering goods there in the past.
This is because a local business is more knowledgeable about regional legislation, whether they deal with weight division or the acquisition of permits.
The personnel are skilled at handling transport-related difficulties, whether it's registrations, licenses or other details.
A commercial moving company from New York is the finest option if you need dependable shipping support for an office transfer. This is because it is better to work with a company that is familiar with the area you will be moving to, as was already explained.
When transferring an office, many goods will need to be relocated; as a result, everything must be carefully wrapped and loaded. This is because the person in charge also has to answer to their employers. You can feel at ease after making a sensible choice rather than worrying about the process.
The opposing party should be knowledgeable about the location while making preparations with the movers so they can fill in any gaps.
Given the multitude of variables that influence long-distance travel, it is impossible to give a specific response. The first factor is the travel time; even if both pick-up and drop-off locations are in New York, this will increase the travel time.
Weather-related variables, for instance, may result in delays, meaning they have a bigger impact than you might think. Think about any local holidays as well. The company is aware of the problems, but it takes time to develop a way to avoid them.
As a result, while you'll be able to receive an average amount, it's typically impossible to get a precise number unless you request a quote from your shipping company.
It is never a good idea to hire cheap movers because they could have more consequences than you know. It's important to confirm the company's authenticity because, if you're reckless, you can lose everything without having a legal basis to fight for it.
You can compare pricing after you've made sure a business is legitimate. Never go with inexpensive New York movers since you'll find that sometimes, despite different respected organisations having advantages, their prices are comparable.
This is due to the fact that, provided the resources are similar, the factors that are taken into account to determine the final cost of the delivery are always the same. So a compromise will be made if a moving firm is extremely expensive.
After the per-mile and hourly payment models, the third common payment structure used by transportation companies is flat rates. When choosing a company using this strategy, you must exercise prudence.
A company will take into account a number of elements when quoting you a price, including any related expenses. This includes all costs related to the logistical process that defines the driver's route, including labour, fuel, tolls, and other taxes.
Even though it is a smart choice for shorter periods, it may be disastrous for longer ones because the firm would also need to plan for any unforeseen events at its end. As a result, you would have to fork over more money than you would have if you had used other models.
A flat rate is a good idea for shorter moves since it's easier to work a solid price into your budget. You'll know exactly where you need to cut back or can spend more since the transport part won't have any unexpected surprises as long as you choose the company well.
It depends on your pick-up and drop-off locations. Shipping providers offer a more expensive expedited shipment option. You may be able to reduce the waiting period in half, depending on how quickly you need your items delivered.
When shipping expedited goods, the shipping company adjusts every part of its organisation to enable an earlier delivery. It is possible to complete delivery in two or three days rather than the usual week. However, the distance travelled will determine if it can be completed in a single day.
If your package is going within New York, it won't run into any time-consuming problems. As a result, border checks won't be required. It takes 7 to 9 days to move from Los Angeles to New York, so a same-day move is impossible. But if we're talking about a move from Philadelphia to Buffalo or Asheville to New York, both of which take 2 to 4 days, it's more feasible.
Realistically, an untrained person cannot transfer a household alone. As a result, the solution is fairly simple. Even if you rent a trailer and employ a driver, extra people will still be required to load everything onto the carrier. This is an issue in and of itself because the actual packaging process is not even covered.
Because packing things to prevent damage during long-distance travel can be time-consuming, hiring full-service movers is preferable to handling everything yourself from start to finish.
Never be hesitant to research many companies before selecting one. Never pick a business just on the basis of cost; instead, consider the advantages and disadvantages and ask if the business has any prior experience carrying goods to the state.
You won't need to be concerned about your things being harmed during delivery as long as you choose a shipping business carefully. This is why you should always check their insurance status before using any professional transport company that DOT has approved.
The carrier will cover any damage that occurs while the products are on the truck if you arrange the goods as directed. The customer and the carrier alike value the pre-travel examination.
Expanded values and released value protection are the two most popular types of insurance available in New York. According to the weight of your items, the first offers a nominal payment per pound.
Since it offers more value and ensures that any harm will be suitably made up for, the second option is picked.