Best Michigan Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
It is exciting. You will be upgrading to that bigger better home you have always wanted. Maybe your family has grown, or you accepted a great job across the country. It can be a great feeling knowing that you will begin a new life soon as a resident of Michigan. That is, until the realization that you are going to have to pack up and move all your stuff creeps in. We all know how it goes. You con everyone you know into helping you with the promise of free pizza.
You rent or borrow a truck, and hope that it will hold everything. At least one box will get dropped, and it will be one of the ones marked “fragile.” A sofa will get hung up on a door jam. Someone is going to get a minor injury. It is an all too familiar situation for many of us, but you can avoid the bulk of the headaches by hiring a professional moving company.
Cost & Time Examples For Interstate Moves
|Detroit to Columbus||175 miles||$2,015- $2,495||$3,840- $5,500||1-2|
|Chicago to Detroit||249 miles||$2,162- $2,688||$4,162- $5,986||2-4|
|Warren to Indianapolis||257 miles||$2,193- $2,726||$4,218- $6,064||2-4|
|Michigan to NY||521 miles||$2,534- $3,170||$4,948- $7,154||2-4|
|DC to Michigan||570 miles||$2,614- $3,274||$5,120- $7,414||2-4|
|Memphis to Warren||636 miles||$2,690- $3,374||$5,284- $7,661||3-5|
|Warren to Miami||1169 miles||$3,349- $4,233||$6,690- $9,759||4-6|
|Austin to Detroit||1179 miles||$3,342- $4,224||$6,675- $9,734||4-6|
|Las Vegas to Detroit||1772 miles||$3,990- $5,067||$8,057- $11,798||5-7|
|Warren to Portland||1963 miles||$4,234- $5,386||$8,584- $12,590||5-7|
|Detroit to LA||2008 miles||$4,350- $5,538||$8,836- $12,968||6-8|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the contents of the home. Prices do not include packing.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Cheap Movers Near Me
Looking for cheap long distance movers near you in Michigan? Your move is getting closer, and you’re still not sure how you’re going to manage it. You’ve done some online research, but it seems like every company is either too expensive or is just too overwhelming to understand. Before panic starts to set in, we encourage you to peek around our website for resources and ideas about your move. While there, you can start learning more about A1 Auto Transport and read some of the great information we offer.
After you learn a little more about us, it’s time to give us a call or connect with us online, so we can work on that upcoming move. A long-distance move can get complicated if you’re not working with a team who makes it straightforward and simple. We have crews who can load your truck, transport it to your new location, and unload at your new address. Our services are more affordable than most commercial transport outlets. We won’t leave you stranded in Michigan without a plan, use our professional services and let’s get started today. Head to A1 Auto Transport to compare long distance movers with trucks in your area right now.
Choosing Your Michigan Long Distance Movers
Make sure you pick out a professional moving company with a history of excellence. Do research before you decide and you should have a relatively pain free moving experience. Here are a few things you should look at.
- Level of experience: Does this company have a long established history of moving industry experience, or did they just start last week? If you aren’t sure, it probably isn’t a very good idea to work with them.
- Reviews and testimonials: Look at the reviews of the company you plan on hiring. They can help you decide if this is the type of company that you can trust with all your worldly possessions.
- Insurance and liability policy: How much insurance does the company have on your belongings? Are they only covering the legally required minimum of $0.60 per pound, or will they cover the full replacement value of something that gets broken? You need to know.
- S. DOT Registration: Interstate movers must be registered with the Federal government and have a U.S. DOT number. This is especially important if you are moving across state lines.
- Extras: Every company offers a different set of services that you can take advantage of to help make your move easy. Find out what services the company offers and how much additional they cost.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Moving Services
- Residential apartment and house moving
- Military relocations
- State to state, coast to coast, local and long distance moving
- Heavy furniture moving including assistance with piano moving, pool table moving, etc.
- Auto transport services (Vehicle Relocations)
- Full service packing and unpacking, including packing materials
- Door to door delivery
- Commercial and office relocations
- Cheap Michigan movers
How Much Will It Cost To Hire My Michigan Long Distance Movers?
There are different things that can affect the cost of hiring a moving service. Obviously, the distance you are moving, the amount of stuff you have, and what services you need will affect the final cost, but did you know that even the time of year it is can add more to your bill? If you are requiring a moving service during their busy season you may be paying more. Shop around, and call for free estimates to help you decide which service will give you the most for your money.
Things to Know before Signing a Contract
- Make sure every service you need is clearly spelled out on the contract including any extra costs
- Make sure all information is correct including the addresses you are moving from and moving to.
- Make sure all insurance and liability information is written out clearly. What will the company be responsible for in the event of lost or damaged items?
- Transport valuables with you
- Make sure either your homeowners insurance, or the moving company's insurance will cover any damages.
- Request a copy of the inventory sheet, displaying any damage that occurred before the movers were involved.
- Make sure all items are packed labeled and in the rooms they came from. Never stack them all in one area.
International Moving Services in Michigan
Many people worry about how to move their belongings without overpaying. Doing it with a rented van can be a good solution if you have a strong back and some help. However, it will be difficult to ship your belongings abroad this way.
Not only do you need somebody to drive them across the border, but you may need to go through multiple countries, use a container ship, etc. When things get this complicated, you’ll probably need some help.
This is where professional movers come in. They can get the job done easily thanks to their experience. You’ll pay a bit more, but you’ll also save a lot of time and effort. Furthermore, you won’t have to worry about items breaking during the transport if you let them handle the packing.
Michigan Cross Country Movers for Hire
Men on the Move
12400 Merriman Rd.
Livonia, MI 48150
Big Guy for Hire
Royal Oak, MI
Preferred Moving & Storage
42950 Executive Dr.
Harrison Charter Township, MI 48045
White Star Movers
35956 Mound Rd.
Sterling Heights, MI 48310
Michigan Storage Facility Directory
Michigan Storage Centers
15300 W 8 Mile Rd.
Oak Park, MI 48237
The StorRoom Self Storage
40600 Michigan Ave.
Canton, MI 48188
National Storage Centers- Highland
1574 Alloy Pkwy.
Highland Charter Township, MI 48356
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.