Best Kentucky Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
As you may know, moving can be an extremely stressful experience. There are so many things to do and remember. What should be filled with the joy of experiencing that new dream home can all too easily end up being a complete disaster. You have to pack everything up, rent a moving van, load everything up in it, awkwardly move your heavy furniture out of the house and into the truck, drive to your new home, and do the whole thing over again in reverse. Something always ends up breaking, and you will find yourself with a bulky couch stuck in a doorway at least once. It seems like these headaches are just one of life’s inevitabilities.
The truth is- you can take a lot of the stress out of your move by calling in the professionals in Kentucky to help. If you decide to hire a moving company, they will do all the heavy lifting, and awkward couch moving for you. All you will have to do is worry about where to hang your favorite family portrait in your new home.
Choosing Your Kentucky Long Distance Movers
Don’t just call the first number in the phone book. Make sure you thoroughly research any moving company you are considering doing business with.
- Length of time in the industry: Don’t skimp on experience. A startup company may offer low rates, but you will want the peace of mind that comes with working with an established moving company.
- Insurance and liability: How much protection is the company going to offer you in the event of damages. The law only requires moving companies to insure $0.60 per pound. Some companies will offer more coverage than this. Some will offer a depreciated value, and others will even offer the full replacement value.
- Read reviews and testimonials online: You can find out a lot about a company’s reputation from sites like Yelp or Google. Try and look for reviews that explain how problems were handled.
- S. DOT registration: All movers who operate between different states must be registered with the Federal government and have a U.S. DOT number. Make sure if you are moving out of state that the company you choose is in compliance of these laws.
- Additional services and costs: Moving companies will offer different services to make your move even easier, like packing and unpacking. Look into the cost for these.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Moving Services
- Full service packing and unpacking, including packing materials
- Door to door moving
- Commercial and office relocations
- Residential apartment and house moving
- Military relocations
- State to state, coast to coast, local and long distance moving
- Heavy and specialized furniture moving. Piano moving, pool table moving, etc.
- cheap Kentucky movers
- Auto transport services (Vehicle Relocations)
How Much Will It Cost To Hire My Kentucky Long Distance Movers?
Beyond the base price, there are factors that can go into the total cost of hiring help for your moving day. Things like the total distance traveled, fuel costs, the weight of your load, and even what time of year it is can all affect the price. For the most accurate quote it can be helpful to call. Most companies will offer a free estimate.
Before Signing with a Professional Moving Company
- All services you have requested and there costs should be itemized and clearly stated in your agreement
- Ensure that all information in your agreement is correct, including addresses and phone numbers.
- The insurance and liability policy should be spelled out in the contract so you know exactly who is responsible for what and how much is covered in the event of damages.
Things to Do to Make the Move Smoother
- Transport and valuables and jewelry yourself.
- Your homeowner’s insurance policy may cover any damages. Check with your insurance agent before moving day.
- Ask for a copy of the inventory sheet for your records. Be sure to take note of any reported damages and conditions listed on the sheet.
Kentucky Cross Country Movers for Hire
7370 Industrial Rd.
Florence, KY 41042
1591 Winchester Rd. #109
Lexington, KY 40505
2305 Palumbo Dr.
Kentucky Storage Facility Directory
2081 Bryant Rd.
Lexington, KY 40509
3333 Madison Pike
Fort Wright, KY 41017