Domestic USA & International House Moving
- Quote Calculator
Deliver Your Home Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for moving to or from Delaware
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Best Delaware Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
So, you are moving away from Delaware. Wouldn’t it be great if everything would just pack itself up and magically appear in your new home without you having to do the work yourself? Well, it might not happen by magic, but hiring a moving company to help sure can feel like it. Normally, you would have to pack everything up, load it all into a truck yourself, drive it to your new home and unload it when you get there. When you use a moving company you can just head to your new home and your belongings will meet you there.
Choosing Your Delaware Long Distance Movers
When hiring any company, it is important to do your research. Keep these things in mind when you are looking at moving companies and you will find one that is trustworthy.
- DOT Registration: Interstate movers must be registered with the Federal Department of Transportation and have a U.S. DOT number.
- Insurance: The law requires moving companies to insure only $0.60 per pound, but some will offer more comprehensive coverage like full replacement value or depreciated value. You will want to find out which your company has.
- Level of experience: How many years has this company in business? Are they a reputable company with a long history or an unheard of fly by night operation? Find out before they drive away with your stuff.
- Check the internet for reviews: You can use the internet to research a company’s reputation on sites like Yelp. That can help you determine what kind of service you can expect.
- Services offered: Besides loading boxes in a truck and transporting them to your new home, most moving companies will offer different services to make your move easier, from packing and unpacking, to transporting your car. Look into what services you would like, and find out how much extra they will cost.
- Ease of Communication: Is this company easily reached in the event of an emergency? It is important to know that you will be able to get in touch with them if you need to. Local companies can sometimes be easier to reach, simply because they have an office you can go to.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Moving Services
- Commercial, office, apartment, or residential house moving
- Military relocations
- Door to door moving
- Full service packing and unpacking, including packing materials
- State to state, coast to coast, local and long distance moving
- Heavy and specialized furniture moving. Piano moving, pool table moving, etc.
- Cheapest Delaware moving rates
- Auto transport services (Vehicle Relocations)
How Much Will It Cost To Hire My Delaware Long Distance Movers?
The price for moving services will be different for everyone. It depends on a number of factors. The company will vary their prices based on the amount of furniture and boxes you have, the cost of fuel, whether you are moving across the country or just within the state, the weight of your load, and what additional services you have requested. It can be helpful to check with different companies to compare quotes. Most will offer a free estimate.
Before You Sign Anything…
- All the services you have requested should be clearly listed on the contract along with any additional charges.
- Make sure all of the information on your agreement is correct including all contact information and the addresses of both the house you are moving to and the one you are moving from.
- Make sure you know how much will be covered in the event of damages.
Things to Do
- Label your boxes and leave them in the rooms they were packed in. Never stack the boxes in one place
- Keep valuable items like jewelry with you instead of having the movers transport it.
- Ask for a copy of the packing list for your records. The condition if your belongings should be listed, check for any discrepancies.
- Some homeowner’s insurance policies cover damages during a move. You should check with your insurance agent before moving day to find out if yours does.
Delaware Cross Country Movers for Hire
Bayshore Moving and Storage
901 Dawson Dr. STE A
Newark, DE 19713
Delaware Moving Solutions LLC.
Two Men and a Truck
1169 S. Dupont Hwy.
Dover, DE 19901
Delaware Storage Facility Directory
Storage Rentals of America
2 Bellecor Dr.
New Castle, DE 19720
Secure Self Storage
1020 Bear Rd.
New Castle, DE 19720