Domestic USA & International House Moving
- Quote Calculator
Deliver Your Home Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for moving to or from Connecticut
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Best Connecticut Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
Moving can be an incredibly frustrating and stressful experience. The thought of having to pack your whole house up into organized and labeled boxes, packing them all into your car or truck, moving them to your new home, and unpacking it all again can take all the joy out of it. You don’t have to do it all alone. You can hire a professional Connecticut moving service to help. Let them deal with the headaches, while you just worry about putting the pieces of your new life together.
Cost & Time Examples For Interstate Moves
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the contents of the home. Prices do not include packing.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs – 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs – 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs – 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs – 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs – 19500 lbs
Choosing Your Connecticut Long Distance Movers
If you ask the right questions and do the right research, you can ensure that the moving company you hire will be the right one for you. Here are a few things you should look at before making your decision.
- Are they registered with the Department of Transportation: Interstate movers must be registered with the Federal government and have a U.S. DOT number.
- What kind of protection does the company provide: The law requires moving companies to insure only $0.60 per pound. Some will offer more comprehensive coverage like full replacement value or depreciated value.
- How long has this company been in business: Choosing a company with many years of experience gives you the assurance that they are reputable and trustworthy.
- Look for reviews online: The internet is a great resource to check the reputation of the moving company you have chosen. Have other customers had a pleasant experience dealing with this company?
- What other services are offered: Some companies may offer packing and shipping services, vehicle transportation services, or other services to help you with your move. You should see what each company offers, and how much extra it will cost.
- Communication: You will want to make sure that you can easily reach the moving company in the event of an emergency. Going with a company that is local to you may help.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Moving Services
- Full service packing and unpacking, including packing materials
- State to state, coast to coast, local and long distance moving
- Heavy and specialized furniture moving. Piano moving, pool table moving, etc.
- Commercial, office, apartment, or residential house moving
- Military relocations
- Door to door moving
- Cheapest Connecticut moving services
- Auto transport services
How Much Will It Cost To Hire My Connecticut Long Distance Movers?
There are a lot of factors that go into determining the cost of a moving service. Each company has a different base rate. The amount of items you are moving, the weight of the load, current fuel charges and additional services you have requested will all affect the price. It will be cheaper to move an efficiency apartment across town than it will be for you to move an entire house across the country. You can call different companies for free quotes and estimates to help you decide which one will offer you the best service at the best price.
Before Singing Paperwork with a Mover
- Double check the addresses listed on the contract. You wouldn’t want your belongings lost because the address was incorrect.
- Check to make sure you are covered in the event that something is damaged in the move. Will company cover replacement costs, the depreciated value of the item or only the minimum $0.60 per pound they are required to cover?
- Any additional charges or services should be noted on the contract clearly.
- Label your boxes and leave them in the rooms they were packed in. Never stack the boxes in one place
- Transport any jewelry and other valuable belongings yourself.
- Request a copy of the mover’s inventory list. Check the condition of the items noted on it. If you have any disagreements, be sure to bring it up with the company.
- Check to see if your homeowner’s insurance policy covers items damaged during a move.
Related Information & FAQ
Connecticut Cross Country Movers for Hire
Father & Son Moving and Storage
346 Quinnipiac St. Bldg 3
Wallingford, CT 06492
Braun Moving, Inc.
46 Barnabas Rd.
Newtown, CT 06470
Collegian Movers Inc.
674 Naugatuck Ave.
Milford, CT 06461
Connecticut Storage Facility Directory
CT Self Storage
580 New Park Ave.
West Hartford, CT 06110
65 Danbury Rd.
Wilton, CT 06897
State to State Moving Services in Connecticut
- Central Connecticut State University
- Charter Oak State College
- Eastern Connecticut State University
- Naugatuck Borough
- New Britain
- New Haven
- New London
- Southern Connecticut State University
- UConn Avery Point Campus In Groton
- UConn Graduate Business Campus In Hartford
- UConn Hartford Campus in Hartford
- UConn Stamford Campus In Stamford
- UConn Torrington Campus in Torrington
- UConn Waterbury Campus
- University Of Connecticut
- West Haven
- Western Connecticut State University