Domestic USA & International House Moving
- Quote Calculator
Deliver Your Home Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for moving to or from Boston, Massachusetts
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Boston Long Distance Moving Companies
Every year, millions of Americans move to different states and cities for varied reasons. Job transfers, education, personal and family relationships are some of the top reasons. The biggest dilemma is whether to hire a moving company or move on your own. With an experienced moving company like A-1 Auto Transport, your move to Boston will be less complicated. Based in Massachusetts, we offer unrivaled moving services including vehicle transport.
Top tips to save time when moving
- Keep the process of moving on track by creating a checklist at least six weeks in advance. You might think that you can easily accomplish the tasks but without proper planning, you might run out of time with a lot of stuff still pending.
- Work with a budget. Approach several moving companies and request for estimates to help you determine how much you’ll spend on your move. Movers normally send experts to assess your belongings to provide an accurate estimate.
- Start packing as soon as possible. Any help you can get from your friends will go a long way in reducing the workload as moving day approaches.
- Change your address from your local post office or online before moving out. This will prevent you from paying bills that you didn’t use. Notify your close friends and family members of the upcoming move and give them the new address.
- Visit the new place to familiarize yourself with the neighborhood. Find out where the shops are in case you need anything when you arrive. Take a walk in your new surroundings and talk to neighbors to get information about the favorite restaurants and social places.
Why you need a professional moving company
Moving companies do thorough checks of the areas they are going to use when transporting your household items. Since they have been doing this for a long time, they understand the neighborhoods well enough to know the safest and shortest routes to use.
The right equipment
When moving, you can’t use just any other truck. Professional movers use specially designed moving trucks that have air ride cushions to protect your household items from getting damaged while in transit. If you have heavy items, the movers have the right equipment to safely carry them into the trucks.
Most professional movers are insured which means they will do their best to ensure your items are protected. This gives you confidence that your items will be delivered intact and in case of an accident you are guaranteed of compensation. To confirm that your mover is insured, check with the Licensing and Insurance Public.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to choose a reputable moving company
Word of mouth is a fast and effective way of getting firsthand information about moving companies. Ask your friends and family members who have recently moved for suggestions about reliable movers. Shortlist a few movers and check if they meet your requirements before picking one. Finding movers this way will save you time and effort you’d have spent looking for movers online.
Search for your moving company by name or USDOT Number to determine their legitimacy. The FMCSA offers a lot of useful information about movers such as the address, contact information, inspection records and the complaints history. If it’s a local move, check if they have a valid license from the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities.
Research the moving company you are interested in to make sure they have a physical office. Unscrupulous movers operate shadow offices making it hard to trace them in case they disappear with your belongings. Work with a company that is transparent and has clear working policies.
Read online reviews from trusted sites like Yelp or Angie’s List. You can learn more about your moving company through the comments of past consumers. The conduct of a moving company, especially, how they respond to claims will help you determine whether or not to hire them.
- Residential moving
- Commercial moving
- Long distanced moving
- Vehicle transport
- International moves
- Local moves
- Furniture relocation
- Storage options
Why hire us?
At A-1 Auto Transport, we have the resources to handle your move professionally and make timely and accurate deliveries. With highly trained personnel and modern equipment, you can rest assured that your household items will be taken care of. We have been in the industry for more than 20 years hence we know everything there is to know about moving. Trust us for affordable, reliable, and efficient moving services.
Get in touch
Make your reservation early by calling us now on 888-509-3213. For free moving estimates, please fill out the form at the top of this page.