Baltimore Long Distance Moving Companies
Baltimore is the largest city in the state of Maryland. It is the largest independent city in the country that is not affiliated to any county. The city was a major entry point for immigrants during the 18th century. The city is rich in culture and stunning views. It boasts as the birthplace of the country’s national anthem. Baltimore has thousands of buildings registered by the National Register of Historical Buildings. The city’s cuisine of crab cakes and blue crabs is ranked the best in the country. If you feel like exercising, there are hundreds of gymnasiums, sports fields and water sports. The city was home to the greatest baseball player, Babe Ruth and a host of famous artistes and writers. Move to Baltimore and try out new experiences. The distilleries, water sports, education and extreme air sports top the charts. A-1 Auto Transport is the most trusted and experienced mover in Baltimore. We also handle vehicle shipment.
Why hire a moving company?
- Professionalism: Professional movers organize the move months in advance and use appropriate equipment and personnel to handle the move. They keep communication lines open and offer various options when handling each task. They know how the move should progress and hence expect zero delays. Reputable movers also resolve any disagreements in a timely and conclusive way.
- Insurance: When conducting a self-move, any damage that occurs is repaid from your pocket. This is inefficient and increases the moving cost astronomically. Professional movers are obligated by law to provide insurance for each move they handle. The insurance covers the items, workers and the building/house. Any damage is compensated at 60cents a pound. They also have supplemental insurance which is common for high-value items.
How to find a reliable mover
Check the American Movers and Storage Association for the best moving companies. The association deals with state to state moving companies across the country. Any mover registered with the association is trustworthy. They have to abide by a professional code of ethics or risk expulsion. Choose members with more than a 10 year membership.
Search the Maryland Movers Conference for reliable moving companies in Maryland. The organization lists over 50 of the best movers. All the movers have passed the Maryland Motor Vehicle inspection tests and have the necessary permits. Check the Maryland Department of Transportation for your rights and responsibilities. They also dictate the conduct of moving company to customers.
Use the USDOT number at FMCSA to view how the company ranks in terms of safety and experience. State to state moving companies should have few complaints. They should also have resolved all complaints successfully. Unresolved complaints show a company’s unreliability.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Tips to conduct an easy move
- Sort out your belongings. Scale down your move to improve your hauling efficiency. Having too much stuff to move means a higher charge and cramping up your new premises.
- Have a central location for packing your items. It reduces the time used to locate and move items in the house. After packing, place the items in strategic positions in the house to aid in the personnel movement.
- Create an inventory of all packed and loaded items. Make sure it aligns with the movers and get a copy of their inventory before they leave.
- Reserve a convenient parking spot for the moving company weeks in advance. Ensure the elevators are working and your neighbours know about your move.
- Cancel deliveries and subscriptions on time. It will result to additional expenses if the delivery guy turns up on moving day.
- Change your address and notify people within your locality. Update the change at I am moving to reach thousands of businesses. This should be done at least 2 weeks in advance to avoid mail going to your previous address after you move out.
A-1 Auto Transport services
We offer virtually any type of move you would think of.
- Affordable long distance moves
- Office moves
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- State to state moves
- Military moves
- Pet transport
- Senior move
- College moves
- Vacation moves
- International moves
- Coast to coast moves
- Cheap Baltimore movers
Why choose A-1 Auto Transport?
We are licensed to operate anywhere across the country and its overseas territories. We have affordable services that cater to a wide range of clients from students, low income earners to high end earners.
Get in touch
Try us out today. Talk to us on 1-888-509-3213 or find us at A-1 Auto Transport. Fill out the form at the top of our page to access personal discounts for our first time customers.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.