San Jose Long Distance Moving Companies
San Jose is the largest city in Northern California with a population of 1,000,000 people. It houses headquarters of multinationals such as Adobe systems, EBay, Hitachi, Cisco systems, Samsung, PayPal, and IBM. These companies employ hundreds of thousands of the San Jose work force. The universities admit thousands each year and tech companies employ hundreds. Coupling these two factors, movement is eminent to and from. The multiracial composition makes it a warm environment, maintaining San Jose’s ranking of the safest city in California. A noteworthy moving company is A-1 Auto Transport which has worked for years in the industry.
Tips to make your move easier
- Plan in advance. Contact the movers, arrange a walkthrough and do an estimate of the number of boxes to be used. Estimate the load value and ensure they are equipped to handle specialized loads such as pool tables and pianos.
- Pack early enough before movers arrive. If the company provides packing services, ease the company movers’ movement around the house by placing items in a strategic location.
- Sell or donate items you no longer require. This lightens the load, subsequently lowering the load fee.
- Handle important and personal items by yourself. Have a bag that contains your documents, money, cards, and heirlooms. If possible make copies of the documents just in case you lose them. If personal items are large, arrange for specialized moving with the company.
- Cancel subscriptions on moving day; notify relevant individuals/bodies of your new address.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Is there need for a professional moving company?
- Moving is a daunting ask and requires ample preparation. The planning, packing, transporting items, unpacking and arranging afresh can take a huge toll on anyone.
- People have different opinions about moving companies. Some prefer doing it themselves, while others contract professionals. With the amount of work, risk and value involved it would be advisable to hire professionals to handle the task. Moving companies shift the risk of damage, delays, insurance cover, and loss from you to them.
- Time is an important factor in moving. There are other important activities to do on the moving day other than packing and loading. Moving companies plan and work under a specified timeline.
- Additional services offered. Companies have storage facilities where they can store goods for you for a period before you sort out your new premises. They have the best equipment that protects against damage, and use the most advanced technology to communicate.
- Moving companies use well trained employees who have the stamina and strength to deal with heavy items and numerous trips involved.
How to find the best moving company
Conduct online research while still asking for recommendations. The best moving companies are bound to have been heard of. Use customer reviews to know which company renders superb service. Use websites such as Myreviews.com, transportreviews.com and check on the company ratings.
Check on prices charged by different companies and compare. Engage the one with free added services such as packing, unpacking, low storage services, and repatriations for delays. Also remember to be on the look out for hidden charges. Engage a professional if necessary.
A-1 Auto Transport Services
We operate in all the 50 states, United States overseas. Our specialties include, but are not limited to:
- Long distance Moving Services
- Office moves and storage
- Piano moves
- State to state moving services
- Military Moving services
- Pet transport services
- Senior moves
- Furniture moves
- College moves
- Vacation moves
- Cheap San Jose movers
Why choose A-1 Auto Transport?
- Our fundamentals of efficiency, sustainability and communication are well outlined and we adhere to them religiously.
- We have affordable services that cater to a wide range of clients from students, low income earners to high-end earners.
- We keep up with industrial changes and are constantly updated by capacity building our employees, using latest technology advancements and delivering on time.
- We are rated 5 stars on com and have favorable ratings across most review sites.
- We have handled thousands of moves since our inception.
Get in Touch
Try us out today? Talk to us on 888-509-3213 or visit us on A-1 Auto Transport. Please fill the form at the top of the page to get personal discounts and free professional advice.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.