Raleigh Long Distance Moving Companies
The activities you need to carry out during a move require the services of a moving company; and your long distance move to Raleigh will be smooth and stress-free. Raleigh is the county seat of Wake County and the capital city of North Carolina. It is the second most populous city in the state with approximately half a million residents. Raleigh, one of the best planned cities in the country developed due to agriculture, manufacturing and education. It hosts three major universities and dozens of processing industries. The city is also home to unique museums with thousands of age-old exhibits. If you have a move planned, talk to A-1 Auto Transport. We work to make your move and vehicle relocation process as smooth as possible.
Why you need a moving company
- Safety: Moving companies provide safety to your household goods during the move. When packing, they use quality packing material such as corrugated boxes and bubble wrap to protect delicate items. Well-built and trained personnel lift and carry your household goods to the vehicle. Heavy items such as refrigerators and pianos are loaded using trolleys and forklifts. Moving companies then use modified vehicles to transport your items. The vehicles have air-cushioned carriers and real-time satellite technology to ensure the safety of your items.
- Speed: Movers know how to pack multiple items fast and use the safest techniques while at it. They also use their large numbers to handle time-consuming tasks such as packing and loading. Moving companies have equipment such as dollies that add to their speed and safety and deliver the items using moving trucks driven by experienced drivers.
- Security: Moving company personnel have values such as honesty and integrity. They have also been trained to protect the customer’s household goods to ensure zero theft or misplacements.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to choose a professional moving company
Ask people in your neighborhood that have moved before for referrals of a reliable mover. If they had a memorable experience with a moving company, they can refer them and they can also give you tips to ensure your move is efficient.
Use professional moving associations to source for steadfast moving companies. Professional moving associations train their members and monitor their services to ensure they operate in accordance with the set rules and regulations. They also have an efficient and effective channel for resolving customer-mover disagreements. One of the most renowned associations is the American Movers and Storage Association.
Ask the moving companies about:
- The type of labor they use. Professional moving companies should only use trained and permanent personnel.
- Ensure the company does not deal with brokers since they are not governed by the same rules governing moving companies.
- Moving companies which are accredited by the Better Business Bureau have quality services.
Verify the moving company’s; license, insurance, safety rating and violations from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association. They also have a `Your rights and responsibilities when moving’ booklet. It helps you understand how the moving industry operates.
Confirm whether the company has any awards for its services in the moving industry, the community or the environment. Moving companies that go the extra mile to provide quality services are reliable. A-1 Auto Transport is involved with scholarships and the Smart Way Programme.
Practical tips for a successful move
- Prepare for your long distance move over an extended period of 2-3 months. This ensures you handle all activities in the most efficient manner.
- Ensure you have all the required materials before moving day. This includes packing material, moving equipment and utility forms. Some materials such as corrugated boxes should be acquired in excess just in case you decide to move additional items.
- When packing, begin with the non-essentials such as vacation wear, sports gear and books as you proceed to the day to day items.
- Keep all the boxes to a weight of less than 60 pounds. Heavier boxes are more difficult to handle.
- Pack an emergency bag with you. It should contain essential household goods such as toiletries, personal documents, money, prescriptions and fresh clothes.
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
Our personnel have over 100 hours of professional training on various moving processes. This ensures your household goods are handled with utmost care. At A-1 Auto Transport, expect quality services at affordable rates.
Our moving services
- College moves
- Affordable long distance moves
- Pet moves
- Military moves
- Corporate relocations
- House moves
- Vehicle transport
- Vacation moves
- Packing and unpacking to house arrangement
- Small moves
- Furniture moves
Contact us now
Call us on 1-888-509-3213 and speak with our moving experts. Fill out the form at the top of our page for discounts you do not want to miss.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.