Queens Long Distance Moving Companies
Planning a move to Queens? You can choose your desired mode to relocate, but moving companies are the best. They have the skills and resources to make your relocation stress-free. In the state of New York, is the borough of Queens. It is the second most populous borough and the largest by land area in the city of New York. Queens is also the most ethnically diverse city in the country. There are hundreds of different cultures living harmoniously in the city. The city also has hundreds of activities along the beaches, museums and parks. If you have planned a move, talk to A-1 Auto Transport. We are the most experienced moving and vehicle relocation company in Queens.
Why you need a moving company
- Skills. Moving companies are professionally trained on how to handle different moving tasks. They have personnel who are trained to pack light, heavy or valuable items. Your loaded items are transported by experienced drivers who know the best routes to use and ensure they get to their destination intact.
- Packing. Packing is the most sensitive stage when moving. If any of your items are not packed correctly your items could get damaged when loading, in transit or unloading. You need professional movers like A-1 Auto Transport that have the skills and resources to make your packing process smooth and efficient. We use professionally trained personnel and quality packing material and have different insurance schemes for the different items we pack.
- No hassle. Moving with a professional mover makes the process much easier. They can handle the most difficult tasks while you deal with the simple tasks. They can also handle the entire move so that you move into a house arranged to your liking.
Steps towards finding a reliable mover
- Understand the type of move you need so as to hire a mover who fits your bill. Some people want services such as packing and unpacking to house arrangement while others just want their items shipped. List down the services you need and search for a mover with the relevant experience.
- Check a list of moving companies from reliable sources like the American Movers and Storage Association. The association has over 3,500 moving companies. If you need a long distance mover, check the state to state moving companies section. A-1 Auto Transport is among the esteemed members of the association.
- Check reliable movers from other sites like the Better Business Bureau. It is one of the largest organizations dealing with moving companies. They assess the services of a moving company to ensure they are of the required quality. The organization also handles consumer complaints.
- Use the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association to view the company’s licenses, insurance and other necessary information. Use the New York Department of Transport to view whether local moving companies are licensed to operate.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Tips for a smooth move
- Schedule your move with a reliable moving company a month in advance. Ensure they reserve proper personnel and moving equipment. Keep in mind moving during the summer or the first and last days of the month since they result in higher rates.
- To get an accurate moving estimate, the mover should view all your items and know the exact distance you are moving. They should also know about other important information such as the parking rules, elevator use and so on.
- Prepare your budget. It is important to spend what you can afford. A budget ensures your expenses are kept in check.
- Get rid of items you do not need to move with. Some items we have in our houses are outdated or damaged and moving with them would only result in increased moving charges.
- When packing, do not exceed 50-60 pounds for each box. Heavy boxes are more difficult to handle. The boxes should also be filled to the top to prevent them from crumbling when stack on top of each other.
Why use A-1 Auto Transport?
A-1 Auto Transport is accredited by the Better Business Bureau and is compliant with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association. You can trust us to provide quality services with each move we handle.
Our moving services
- Full-service moves
- Storage services
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- Furniture moves
- Local moves
- Small moves
- Military moves
- Affordable long distance moves
- Vacation moves
- Coast to coast moves
Get in touch
We would like to hear from you. Call us on 1-888-509-3213 and speak with a moving expert. Get a free no-obligation quote by filling out the form at the top of our page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.