Military Moving Companies
Unfortunately, the men and women in the military are no strangers to relocation. When you make the military your career, you can expect to receive PCS (Permanent Change of Station) Orders rather often. These orders are received when a man or woman in the military is assigned to another base. Once you get your PCS order, it is time to start planning for the move. Everything must be in order so that you arrive on the base as scheduled.
Why You Should Hire a Professional Mover for Military Relocation
When you’re in the military and ordered to relocate, you are given the opportunity to take advantage of government moving services. In most cases, military personnel choose not to use these government services but rather hire their own reliable moving company. Even if you choose your own mover, as a member of the military you are granted so much money to complete the relocation. If you choose not to use all the money allotted to you, after the move is complete you’ll receive the remaining money.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Hire the Right Military Mover
Start searching for a mover as soon as you get your orders. Make sure they offer military moving services. There is a lot that goes into a military move and the company will need to have the experience and knowledge necessary to carry out the relocation from one base to the next. Aside from familiarity with military relocation, there are other characteristics your mover should have.
- Licensed moving companies are required to carry the minimal amount of insurance coverage requested by state law.
- They should have a profound history in the moving industry.
- It will be easy to find positive online reviews and ratings for the mover.
- Moving companies should have BBB approval, AMSA membership and/or DOT certification.
- They offer a variety of moving and storage services to all their customers.
- Friendly, knowledgeable customer staff answering the phone to assist anyone with questions or concerns.
- The movers use durable, state-of-the-art moving equipment and supplies to conduct the relocation safely and efficiently.
- They’ll offer FREE estimates on all their moving services.
- They’ll have affordable rates.
By paying close attention to the characteristics a moving company should uphold, you will find the right military mover in no time. Make sure you call any mover of interest for a quote before you decide on a moving company to hire.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.