Best California Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
Everyone knows how much of a trying situation moving can be. Between renting a truck, finding friends and family to help, packing everything up, and ensuring that nothing gets broken, loading it all up, transporting it to the new address, and unloading everything, you might be tempted to pull your hair out. Don’t let the stress make an exciting moment in your life unpleasant. Consider hiring a professional moving company to help you. California movers can take the headache out of the process whether you are moving across town, or across the country.
Choosing Your California Long Distance Movers
There are a lot of moving companies out there. How do you know you are choosing the right one? The best way to make sure, is to do your research.
- What kind of experience does this company have: You are entrusting a moving company with all of your worldly possessions. Would you rather hire a company that has only been in business for a few months, or would you rather work with a company that has been in the moving business for years? Make sure they know what they are doing.
- Are they registered with the Department of Transportation: The law states that interstate movers must be registered with the Federal government and have a S. DOT number. You should make sure that they are registered before doing business with them.
- Check the internet for reviews: Look at reviews on sites like Yelp. Look at the reputation of the company. See how issues were resolved. It is easy to get a good review when nothing went wrong, but when they handle a problem appropriately and the customer is still happy, you know they are a company with integrity.
- How is damage handled: The law requires insurance to cover only $0.60 per pound. Your company may offer more coverage than that. Some will cover the replacement cost or the depreciated value of your things. You will want to know which it is.
- What services does the company offer: Do they offer packing and unpacking? How much extra will it cost. Make sure you know what services you want to take advantage of and check on the cost.
- Easy to contact: Your moving company should be easy to get ahold of in case of a problem. You could consider using a local company to guarantee you will be able to get in touch with them.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Moving Services
- Office moving
- State to state, coast to coast, local and long distance moving
- Heavy and specialized furniture moving. Piano moving, pool table moving, etc.
- Commercial, apartment, or residential house moving
- Military relocations
- Door to door moving
- Full service packing and unpacking, including packing materials
- Auto transport services (Vehicle Relocations)
How Much Will It Cost To Hire My California Long Distance Movers?
The cost of using a moving company can vary quite a bit based on a number of different factors. The amount of possessions you are moving, how much large furniture there is, what additional services you are taking advantage of, the cost of fuel, and the base price of the company you have chosen all affect the total amount it will cost you to hire a moving service. You should call around to get an accurate quote. Most companies will provide a free estimate.
Before you sign a contract or agreement
- Ensure that any services you are using and their associated costs are included in the contract.
- Double check on the addresses listed. The last thing you want is for your belongings to end up at the wrong house due to a typo.
- Find out what the policy is on damages and lost items. Will the company cover replacement costs or only the minimum $0.60 per pound they are required to cover.
- Keep jewelry and valuables with you. This ensures that there are no trust issues.
- Insure the company has insurance on your belongings. You may also be covered by your homeowner’s insurance. Find out before moving day
- Request a copy of the mover’s inventory list for your records.
Related Information & FAQ
California Cross Country Movers for Hire
601 S. Figueroa St. #4050
Los Angeles, CA 90017
3801 Happy Ln.
Sacramento, CA 95827
Los Angeles, CA
California Storage Facility Directory
606 Parker Rd.
Fairfield, CA 94533