Best California Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
Everyone knows how much of a trying situation moving can be. Between renting a truck, finding friends and family to help, packing everything up, and ensuring that nothing gets broken, loading it all up, transporting it to the new address, and unloading everything, you might be tempted to pull your hair out. Don’t let the stress make an exciting moment in your life unpleasant. Consider hiring a professional moving company to help you. California movers can take the headache out of the process whether you are moving across town, or across the country.
Cost & Time Examples For Interstate Moves
|Phoenix to LA||376 miles||$2,341- $2,920||$4,538- $6,543||2-4|
|LA to Nevada||529 miles||$2,552- $3,194||$4,989- $7,219||2-4|
|Portland to Fresno||812 miles||$2,978- $3,750||$5,902- $8,586||3-5|
|LA to Denver||851 miles||$3,035- $3,824||$6,023- $8,765||3-5|
|San Jose to El Paso||970 miles||$3,146- $3,968||$6,257- $9,110||3-5|
|San Diego to Seattle||1070 miles||$3,272- $4,134||$6,533- $9,530||4-6|
|Memphis to Fresno||1670 miles||$3,879- $4,922||$7,820- $11,444||5-7|
|LA to Columbus||1989 miles||$4,216- $5,362||$8,542- $12,524||5-7|
|Miami to LA||2352 miles||$4,658- $5,939||$9,490- $13,941||6-8|
|LA to Boston||2602 miles||$5,008- $6,395||$10,241- $15,068||7-9|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the contents of the home. Prices do not include packing.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Cheap Movers Near Me
Looking for cheap long distance movers near you in California? We know it might be tough to say goodbye to California, or maybe you are ready and can’t wait to set up new roots in the Midwest or South. Whatever your destination, the team at A1 Transport Services are prepared to walk you through our moving process, so you are confident about your upcoming move. We have tons of resources and knowledge when it comes to the moving process, so don’t hesitate to ask us all of your questions.
If you’re also looking for extra hands to load and move furniture, because we know that your friends and family will be mysteriously busy that day, we are here to help. Our professional services go beyond transporting items from place to place. Can we help move a vehicle or a larger item? We have a team for that as well. Trust the company that has been leading in the transport industry for years. Head to A1 Auto Transport to compare long distance movers with trucks in your area right now.
Choosing Your California Long Distance Movers
There are a lot of moving companies out there. How do you know you are choosing the right one? The best way to make sure, is to do your research.
- What kind of experience does this company have: You are entrusting a moving company with all of your worldly possessions. Would you rather hire a company that has only been in business for a few months, or would you rather work with a company that has been in the moving business for years? Make sure they know what they are doing.
- Are they registered with the Department of Transportation: The law states that interstate movers must be registered with the Federal government and have a S. DOT number. You should make sure that they are registered before doing business with them.
- Check the internet for reviews: Look at reviews on sites like Yelp. Look at the reputation of the company. See how issues were resolved. It is easy to get a good review when nothing went wrong, but when they handle a problem appropriately and the customer is still happy, you know they are a company with integrity.
- How is damage handled: The law requires insurance to cover only $0.60 per pound. Your company may offer more coverage than that. Some will cover the replacement cost or the depreciated value of your things. You will want to know which it is.
- What services does the company offer: Do they offer packing and unpacking? How much extra will it cost. Make sure you know what services you want to take advantage of and check on the cost.
- Easy to contact: Your moving company should be easy to get ahold of in case of a problem. You could consider using a local company to guarantee you will be able to get in touch with them.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Moving Services
- Office moving
- State to state, coast to coast, local and long distance moving
- Heavy and specialized furniture moving. Piano moving, pool table moving, etc.
- Commercial, apartment, or residential house moving
- Military relocations
- Door to door moving
- Full service packing and unpacking, including packing materials
- cheap movers California
- Auto transport services (Vehicle Relocations)
How Much Will It Cost To Hire My California Long Distance Movers?
The cost of using a moving company can vary quite a bit based on a number of different factors. The amount of possessions you are moving, how much large furniture there is, what additional services you are taking advantage of, the cost of fuel, and the base price of the company you have chosen all affect the total amount it will cost you to hire a moving service. You should call around to get an accurate quote. Most companies will provide a free estimate.
Before you sign a contract or agreement
- Ensure that any services you are using and their associated costs are included in the contract.
- Double check on the addresses listed. The last thing you want is for your belongings to end up at the wrong house due to a typo.
- Find out what the policy is on damages and lost items. Will the company cover replacement costs or only the minimum $0.60 per pound they are required to cover.
- Keep jewelry and valuables with you. This ensures that there are no trust issues.
- Insure the company has insurance on your belongings. You may also be covered by your homeowner’s insurance. Find out before moving day
- Request a copy of the mover’s inventory list for your records.
International Moving Services in California
If you’re trying to get the best possible deal for your international move, then here’re a few things that will help.
First of all, you don’t have to leave everything to the movers. You can take care of some parts on your own, such as packing your things and even leading them in the truck. You can get cheap packing materials and boxes from your local stores instead of relying on the ones provided by the company.
You can negotiate the price, check their offers, since they may have cheaper alternatives, and even use discounts when they’re applicable. Overall, you should know what you’re paying for and what you can afford.
California Cross Country Movers for Hire
California Prodigy Moving & Storage
601 S. Figueroa St. #4050
Los Angeles, CA 90017
California Moving Systems
3801 Happy Ln.
Sacramento, CA 95827
California Moving Services
Los Angeles, CA
California Storage Facility Directory
American Self Storage
606 Parker Rd.
Fairfield, CA 94533
Related Information & FAQ
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org