Ypsilanti Long Distance Moving Companies
Ypsilanti is a city in Washtenaw County, Michigan. The city is close to the cities of Detroit and Ann Arbor. It houses a large population that works in the heavily industrialized cities of the south. Ypsilanti is also close to the Eastern border of Canada on Lake Huron. You can visit the state of Indiana and Ohio using the main interstates passing throughout the city. Ypsilanti is also known for its huge number of poets, artists and musicians. They provide frequent entertainment downtown and parks across the city. The Eastern Michigan University also contributes to the economy and entertainment industry of the city. Choose experienced movers such as A-1 Auto Transport for comprehensive moving and vehicle relocation services.
Why you should hire a moving company
- Packing: Packing is one of the most expensive and time-consuming tasks when moving. You need to have the skills and time to pack items safely. Moving companies have full-service moves and can pack and arrange your new premises to your liking. They are professional which guarantees safe and swift services.
- Saves time: One of the best advantages of using movers is time. They have the skills and experience to conduct your move within the agreed time. They can pack, load and transport your items much faster than your friends. They have sufficient labour which handles all the tasks in record time. Advanced equipment such as real-time satellite tracking enables them to avoid congested traffic and extreme weather.
How to find a reputable mover in Ypsilanti
- Recommendations: Ask for referrals from relatives, coworkers or friends. They may have dealt with a moving company and can offer valid suggestions. Real estate agents understand how moving companies operate and can also offer advice.
- Reviews: Check reviews of previous customers at Movereviews.com. They have dealt with hundreds of moving companies and have vast experience on how to choose reliable moving companies. They also have useful moving tips.
- Membership: Check the company’s membership with the AMSA. The association is known for professionalism and efficiency. Most members have years of experience and a high success rate. They have sworn to abide by the association’s professional code of ethics.
- The Michigan Movers Association registers movers operating within the state of Michigan. The association has a list of principles which guide the conduct of all members. They read the customers their rights and responsibilities and educate them on how long distance moves work.
- Compliance: Enter the company’s USDOT number to verify the company’s compliance with government regulations. FMCSA regulates state to state movers while Michigan Department of Transport regulates movers operating within the state of Michigan.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
The best moving tips
Advanced preparation results in a swift and stress free move.
- Enlist friends to help with moving. The may have a busy schedule hence it’s important to inform them in advance.
- Change your lease agreement before you begin packing.
- Cancel deliveries and subscriptions weeks in advance.
- Source for moving supplies ahead. Get free boxes, markers and tapes from com and the U-Haul customer moving forum.
- Hire a baby sitter for the kids and pets.
Sort out your stuff by selling or donating items you no longer use. Unnecessary items add to the moving cost and reduce the hauling efficiency.
Reserve a good parking spot and clear pathways for the moving company. This reduces the time spent handling your move which subsequently reduces the moving charges.
Separate utilities such as toiletries, clean clothes and cooking essentials and pack them in a first night bag.
When packing, begin with rarely used items and finish up with utilities. It comes in handy when unpacking items.
Document the condition of your items before packing. This comes in handy if you need to claim compensation for loss or damage of any items.
Create an inventory for all packed items. Ensure that it agrees with the movers’ before they leave.
Tip the personnel after a satisfactory job and provide them with refreshments.
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
As one of the earliest and largest worldwide shipping companies we have improved our services to deliver incredible moves. Our affordable rates are a favourite with our customers. We also hand our customers a free no-obligation quote which portrays the confidence we have in our services. Check out our 5-star rating by Moverreviews.com.
Our moving services
- Military moves
- Local moves
- Pet transport
- Commercial moves
- Bulky furniture moves
- Interstate moves
- Apartment moves
- Senior moves
- Storage services
Get in touch
Call us on 1-888-509-3213 or find us at A-1 Auto Transport. Please fill out the form at the top of our page and get amazing discounts.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.