Yacht Transport Quote
There are many industries and even individuals that seek yacht and boat shipping services on a frequent basis. This is a common practice that is needed all over the globe. Due to the high demand of transport services, they are affordably priced and very time efficient. Just make sure you hire a transport with a great reputation and a long history in the industry. They can prove their dependability by having BBB approval and DOT registration among other certifications available to transporters through state and federal agencies.
Once you find a few transporters capable of shipping your yacht to its destination, write down their contact information. Call each one you’re interested in purchasing services from to ask questions and gather quotes. By providing the transporter with a few details, they can give you a rough estimate for the shipping services you’re interested in. It’s wise to compare quotes from several transporters before buying services.
Some transporters provide an online calculator on their website. Although this isn’t the most accurate way to get an estimate, it will give some idea of what to expect. Filling out the online form should only take a minute or so. You’ll notice that most of the quotes you receive are similar. That’s because most transporters calculate the cost of their services based on the same criteria.
What Transporters Base Their Calculations On
- The distance between the yacht’s pickup location and the delivery location will affect the cost of services. Usually this is calculated by the mile.
- Since there are an assortment of shipping methods and services to choose from for your yacht’s transport, the rates will differ between each one. For example, enclosed transport services typically cost more than an open air methods.
- The cost of fuel at the time of the transport is also taken into consideration during the calculation of your yacht’s shipping services.
- If you are shipping your yacht internationally, you will need to pay import taxes like the value added tax (VAT) and other small taxes. Although this isn’t required by the transport company, your yacht cannot be delivered to another nation until it is approved by Customs. Providing them with proof that you fully paid the taxes is one of their requirements.
- If your yacht requires any special attention due to customizations or size you may also notice some small charges. This is due to the use of special equipment and extra time and labor taken to transport the yacht as safely as possible.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.