Yacht Shipping Insurance
The absolute safest and most affordable way to ship a yacht is through a longstanding, experienced transport company. It takes professional assistance to get your yacht transported in successfully. A transport company has everything they need to perform the shipping process of a yacht. This includes the right equipment, tools and haulers. They’ll even protect your yacht further by offering insurance. By state law, all licensed transport companies are required to carry at least the minimum amount of insurance coverage.
It’s important that your yacht is protected through insurance during its travels to its new home. Although it isn’t common for an accident to occur or for your yacht to become damaged while it’s in the hands of professionals, having insurance coverage is extremely important. This will provide the peace of mind and certainty you need while your yacht is in the care of the shipping company.
About Insurance Coverage through a Transporter
The insurance policy you have on your yacht will likely not protect it during its travels with a transport company. As already stated, licensed transporters are required to offer insurance coverage to all their customers. They must provide this coverage to all customers that purchased shipping services through them. If an accident or damages occur, they are repaired and paid for through the shipping company’s insurance agent. However, if the transporter only carries the minimum amount of insurance, you may want to ask if you can purchase additional coverage.
As you prepare your yacht for its transport, make sure you take note of any preexisting damages. This includes taking pictures of any visible damage such as scratches, dents and other markings. Also nap pictures of the yacht’s interior. You may need these pictures as proof of your yacht’s condition before the transport.
If you spot damages on your yacht after the delivery is completed, let the transport driver know so that they can fill out a report right there on the spot. Once you sign the report, it will then be filed with the transport company. They’ll then proceed with the necessary measures. The insurance company will pay for any repairs or replacements if they find that the damage occurred during the shipping process.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?