Many people refer to moving as a daunting process. Furthermore, most people would rather not experience the entire moving hassle, but they would still like to relocate to a new neighborhood! Nonetheless, the moving industry in America is as vibrant as ever with the age group of people who move constantly falling between 18 and 34 years of age. This is probably the age group that you fall in as you prepare to move to or from Worcester State University . From our years of experience in the moving industry, we have realized that everybody will move at least once in their lifetime, and that the need for relocating tends to reduce as you get older. Therefore, as you get ready for your university move, we are here to help you along the way. Our company has been in existence for over twenty years so you can trust our moving advice which has been tried and tested over the years in Massachusetts and all over the world.
Tips to a hassle-free student move
Your student move should be one of the simplest moves that you are bound to make in your entire lifetime. Here are some tips to make this process even simpler.
- Consider an early move-in: Find out from your university accommodation how early they can allow you to move in. An early moving in will keep you from getting caught up in moving day chaos which can be pretty stressful.
- Pack early: Packing is one of the moving tasks that can be begun as soon as you decide to move. Start by packing items that you will not need any time soon like off-season shoes and clothes, extra beddings and books.
- Color code like a pro: Pack each room in a different box and use different colored markers or tape to color code different boxes. Ensure that the colors stand out enough on all four sides of the box, including the top.
Benefits of hiring a professional moving company
Hiring professional movers comes with great benefits such as the ones we have listed below.
- No hassle: A professional mover takes the hassle out of your move because they are trained in the best moving practices. Additionally, they come with all the right moving tools and equipment to move even the bulkiest sofa with great ease.
- It is convenient: Once you hire professional movers, they do not leave until the job is done. You do not have to supervise them to ensure that they are working; they are professionals and they ensure that they fulfill their contractual obligations.
- No heavy lifting for you: Lifting heavy boxes and furniture is not only tedious, but it is also dangerous especially if you are not trained to do this. Professional movers will do all the heavy lifting for you as you sit back and relax.
How to find the best student moving company
The process of finding a moving company can seem daunting especially if you consider the tons of movers out in the market. These tips should help you along.
- Recommendations: Getting recommendations from people you trust is a sure way to get you started on the right track. You can get these recommendations from friends, family, and local businesses as well as realtors.
- Research: Once you have a list of about six local moving companies , it is time to do your own research. You may choose to call them and interview them, find out who their last customers were and how these moves went. Moreover, the internet is a great resource for customer reviews.
- Request for estimates: Once you have whittled your list down to the top three contenders, you may now request for a moving estimate from each of them. Ensure that they do a thorough walk-through inventory before sending the estimate. Use your discretion to pick the best estimate based on services offered.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
A-1 Auto Transport Inc moving services
We offer local moving, long distance moving, interstate moving, nationwide and international moving services. Additionally, we offer full service moves, provision of moving boxes and supplies, dorm moving and arrangement, apartment moving, specialty moving of items like pool tables, auto transport, moving storage as well as professional moving estimates and cost of moving.
Benefits of moving with us
We are a fully licensed and insured moving services provider. Furthermore, our experience in the moving industry spans over twenty years, therefore our moving advice can be trusted. Moreover, we are a recognized ProMover and member of the American Moving and Storage Association.
Make the right choice
You can make us your moving partner by calling us on 888-509-3213. Alternatively, you may fill out the form at the top of this page and we shall get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.