Woodbury Long Distance Moving Companies
Woodbury in Gloucester County, New Jersey has slightly over 10,000 residents. It is guided by the motto ‘a city you can grow with.’ Woodbury is close to a national park and lakes which provide scintillating views and recreational activities. If you are looking forward to a move in Woodbury, talk to A- Auto Transport. We have the required experience to make your moving and vehicle relocation smooth and stress-free.
Why you need a moving company
- Valuable items: Items such as heirlooms or LED panels are expensive and need to be moved by professionally trained personnel. You cannot trust your inexperienced friends to move such items since they cannot be held accountable for any damage. Moving companies have the skills and equipment to move valuable items under high-safety standards. They also have insurance which covers any accidents or loss during the move.
- Reliability: When dealing with professional moving companies, you are sure they will arrive at the agreed time and handle the move based on your instructions. They are bound by the bill of lading which ensures they provide quality services and own up to their actions. Compared to self-moves, your friends show up at their discretion and work at their own pace.
- Fragmented moving: Moving in stages happens due to sudden unforeseen situations such as job relocations or natural disasters. Moving companies can store non-essentials in their warehouses as you look for a house which can accommodate all your items. This allows you to move with items you need on a daily basis as you seek a permanent dwelling.
Steps to choosing the right moving company
Establish what kind of service suits you. If you have numerous items you should choose a company with adequate moving resources. When moving across states, use state to state moving companies.
List your requirements and check for reliable moving companies at the American Movers and Storage Association. The association has the largest catalogue of moving companies in the country. They train all members and monitor their services to ensure they adhere to the Promover programme.
Get recommendations about moving companies from friends, family and coworkers. They can give solid suggestions if they have dealt with moving companies.
Do not make the assumption that big company names have quality services. Run their names on consumer advocacy sites to check if they are involved in any moving scams. Since the Better Business Bureau takes down all resolved complaints, you can use additional sites which are verified by certification authorities such as VeriSign.
Use the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association to validate the company’s:
- Registration status
- Safety rating
- Pending violations
- Insurance information
- Physical address
Make your move flawless
- Make your long distance move efficient by noting down the tasks to undertake. Schedule moving dates and mark them on a calendar. Remember to stick bright reminder notes on doors and places you frequent, like the fridge.
- How much do you want to spend? A budget helps in controlling expenses and knowing what to move.
- Get rid of items you no longer use. Sell or donate them to local charities to reduce unnecessary expenditure and work.
- If your move is work related, use the IRS to determine which moving activities qualify for tax refunds.
- Set up your address change at the United States Postal Services a month to moving day.
- Take clear photographs of electrical set-ups. It makes their reinstallation easier.
- Ask friends to help with packing and loading your items. Ensure they do not handle valuable or delicate items since they are not liable for any damage.
- Prepare your new home weeks before moving in. Apply for utilities such as electricity and cable. Clean the house and note down any renovations required.
- Avail yourself the entire moving day until all your items have been loaded.
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
Let us worry about your long distance move for you. We have the skills and equipment to make it a stress-free and smooth process. We are the most dependable moving and vehicle relocation company in the country going by our 5-star rating and customer referrals.
Our moving services
- Full-service moves
- Storage services
- Pet transport
- Vacation moves
- Vehicle transport
- Military moves
- Small moves
- Senior moves
- Residential relocations
- Office moves
- State to state moves
Written By:Joe Webster
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.