Wood River Long Distance Moving Companies
Whether moving out of state or just across the street, preparation is key. There are a lot of tasks you must accomplish before the big day including packing and making transport arrangements. Hiring a professional moving company gives you peace of mind knowing that your move will be efficient and fast. Moving to Wood River should be exciting, and A-1 Auto Transport is here to make sure of that. We are based in Illinois and have over 25 years experience moving house throughout the U.S. We also relocate vehicles.
Tips to help you relocate with ease
- Declutter your house. If you’re still considering holding on to clothes that no longer fit you, don’t. There are charity homes you can donate to, or you hold a yard sale to recover some of your money.
- Pack similar items together. For instance, if you start with your clothes, make sure every clothing you own has been packed. The same applies to electronics, books, and kitchen appliances.
- Find a good moving company to help you move. Put more effort when looking for a moving company since this will mean the difference between a good and a bad move.
- Label your boxes correctly to make it easier when loading and unloading. Be detailed when describing the contents of each box for instance, kid’s clothes, bedroom, glassware for kitchen and so on. Be sure to label the top and both sides of the box so that you can easily identify the boxes no matter how they are stacked.
- Use bubble wrap and unprinted newsprint to wrap your breakables to prevent breakages. Wrap everything separately to cushion your items and use soft clothes to fill up any empty spaces left after you’ve finished packing.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company
- Reliability: Your friends may be more than willing to help you move, but some items are too bulky to handle without professional help. Movers have undergone extensive training and will know exactly how to lift and carry your household items.
- Efficiency: When moving on your own, you’ll take a long time to have everything moved. However, professional movers have the expertise to pack, load and unload your household items in a day or two. They work with speed to make sure there are no delays in delivery.
- Accountability: Professional movers know how much you value your belongings and will do their best to ensure everything is accounted for. They provide adequate insurance cover and will compensate you for any damages caused during the move.
Tips for finding a reputable mover
Friends and relatives are the first people you should consult when looking for a moving company. Since they are people you trust, you can be sure to get unbiased assessments of movers you could hire. Ask how their experience was and if they can recommend the company they used.
A company that’s been accredited by the Better Business Bureau shows confidence and honesty in their performance. The BBB gives credibility to movers who uphold the high standards of business practices. You can also check if any complaints have been lodged against your mover and how they were handled.
Search for your moving company in multiple sites to find out what people are saying. The Angie’s List is a reliable site where customers who have moved leave their comments. Consistent negative reviews are a red flag, and such companies should be avoided. Other sites to consider include Yelp and TrustLink.
A reputable mover has nothing to hide and should have a physical office where it operates from. They should also provide their contact information and clearly display their brand on their fleet of vehicles for easy identification.
- Local and international moving
- Long distance moving
- Door to door moving
- Military relocation
- College relocation
- Vehicle transport
- Interstate and intrastate moving
- Residential moving
- Commercial moving
- Storage services
- Cheap Wood River movers
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
We have full time trained professionals who are motivated to provide reliable customer service 24/7. We strive to do our best to maintain a high-level of performance when serving our customers. You can trust A-1 Auto Transport to handle your belongings with utmost care, and the positive reviews are a testimony of our commitment. We do our business professionally and only request payment when your items are delivered, and you’re satisfied with our services.
We are always pleased to answer any questions you have. Call us today on 888-509-3213 and let the real pros handle your move. For free moving estimates, please fill out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.